Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

refridgerator problem?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

any one with experience or a husband that might know the anser please help!

our firdge accumulates water under the crisper drawer imnot sure where it comes from nothing on the top shelf is wet ever that i see but stuff on the botton shelf (right on top of the crisper) always has little puddles of water!  i googled and it said to defrost it. but my freezer isnt frozen so idk if that would still fix it.. what else could it be?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
adhaodd1child
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM
What setting is on your fridge side, it might be either set to high and causing moisture or set to low and causing things to spoil.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
evaleesmom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Quoting adhaodd1child:

What setting is on your fridge side, it might be either set to high and causing moisture or set to low and causing things to spoil.

idk its been doing this for a while i tried making it cooler and then back to the original setting and nothing helps :(

adhaodd1child
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I would take everything out the fridge and freezer and turn it off with the doors open for a while. If your freezer is above the fridge than its probably melting into your freezer

Quoting evaleesmom:

Quoting adhaodd1child:

idk its been doing this for a while i tried making it cooler and then back to the original setting and nothing helps :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
evaleesmom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM

booo thats what i was thinking but hoping i wouldnt have to do lol  thanks!

Quoting adhaodd1child:

I would take everything out the fridge and freezer and turn it off with the doors open for a while. If your freezer is above the fridge than its probably melting into your freezer

Quoting evaleesmom:

Quoting adhaodd1child:

AMBG825
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the fridge/freezer was purchased after 1980 and is therefore the kind that has an automatic defrost.

You'll have to call the manufacturer and get a repair person out. Sounds like you have blocked drainage hose. It will have to be taken apart to be fixed.

ETA: I didn't have to ask my husband either. You don't want him fixing anything.

AMBG825
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I'm also going to take a wild guess and say your refrigerator is one with the freezer up top and not a side-by-side.

ashandmasysmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM
We just had this issue and had to get a new fridge. There is a drip pan between the fridge part and freezer, it is there to collect water when it defrosts. Ours had rusted out and there is no way to replace it because of where it is. Once it gets old thats it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evaleesmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:02 AM

thanks ladies!! luckily i live in an apartment so im jsut gonna bug the maintnace people and hopefully they will just replace it :) hee hee

AMBG825
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Quoting ashandmasysmom:

We just had this issue and had to get a new fridge. There is a drip pan between the fridge part and freezer, it is there to collect water when it defrosts. Ours had rusted out and there is no way to replace it because of where it is. Once it gets old thats it.

It could just be clogged up. It's actually a pretty common problem with top mount refrigerators.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN