Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Which vacuum should we buy?

Options:

Shark

Dyson Animal

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

Planning on buying a new vacuum. Debating between the Shark and the Dyson. We have two cats, one is a long hair.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I owned a shark once and it starting on fire after a year. I've had my Dyson over 6 years now.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Love my Dyson. Get the animal

christina0607
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Dyson, I don't even think you can compare the two. 

catwoman123456
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Love my Dyson Animal, too.  I have several cats and several young grandchildren - works really great . Just make sure you keep the bin emptied after each use to keep up the suction and always make sure the filters (take the bin off and bang the body against something and watch the dust fall out ! and the foam ring are washed and dried every other month or so) and it'll last just fine. They can be kind of expensive to repair so preventive maintenance is really importantcat

I_Do_It_All
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I did a lot of research over the last couple of months because I was torn between the two.

long story short? Shark won. It has tougher bristles to agitate (sp?) more debris and equal suction to the dyson animal.... for 1/3 of the price.

NO BRAINER!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaylyn318
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I looked at reviews and mostly watched youtube videos. What I saw, the Shark was way better. I bought the Shark Navigator Lift Away today and OMG, I cannot believe how much dirt and hair my old vacuum was leaving behind.

Quoting I_Do_It_All:

I did a lot of research over the last couple of months because I was torn between the two.

long story short? Shark won. It has tougher bristles to agitate (sp?) more debris and equal suction to the dyson animal.... for 1/3 of the price.

NO BRAINER!

I_Do_It_All
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM
yay! I think a lot of people think that expensive is better. Just because a product costs $600 doesnt mean its not comparible to a product that costs $200. I love my shark. I got the navigator though for the bigger canister.

Quoting Shaylyn318:

I looked at reviews and mostly watched youtube videos. What I saw, the Shark was way better. I bought the Shark Navigator Lift Away today and OMG, I cannot believe how much dirt and hair my old vacuum was leaving behind.

Quoting I_Do_It_All:

NO BRAINER!

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM
KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2,000.00 BUT so worth it
Shaylyn318
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
One video compared Shark, Kirby and Dyson by vacuuming up shredded paper. Kirby and Shark picked it all up. Dyson left some paper on the carpet.

Quoting I_Do_It_All:

yay! I think a lot of people think that expensive is better. Just because a product costs $600 doesnt mean its not comparible to a product that costs $200. I love my shark. I got the navigator though for the bigger canister.

Quoting Shaylyn318:

Quoting I_Do_It_All:

NO BRAINER!

Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Why not both?  I have a Dyson Animal and a shark for smaller jobs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)