Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

pitbulls

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 116 Replies
Just a simple question. Would u have a pitbull (apbt)as a pet? I have educated myself about them and they r probably one of the best dogs u could ever have in your home. But u have to b dedicated to learning and training. And yes I have one!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to be dedicated to training ANY dog.  Yes, I would own one if I was into bigger dogs.  But, I just don't have the space.  So, I have a tiny mini-pom.

The pits I've known have been great loving family pets.  I hate the bad rep people give them.  It's not the breed.  It's the people who didn't train them properly.

pinkfairy0206
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes exactly! Growing up Ialways had bigger dogs. We had a chow chow for 11 yrs and he was also an awesome dog and very easy to train.
LysNVantesMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

We have two. A female 3 years old, and a male 8 months old. I would never own any other type of dog in my life. Used to have a shih-tzu, he was nasty to our female pit bull. She ran away from him!  The only time I've been bitten by a dog in my life was by a skipperkee. 

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

No.

pinkfairy0206
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My girl will kiss and love u 24/7 if she could! She is so gentle with my kids has her tail wagging non-stop! Again as I said with training she's learning manners too!
pinkfairy0206
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM
This feels good to see! I have gotten comments and one day it brought me t tears, and I'm the type of person that does not care what anyone thinks of me. They r so discriminated against because of the hands of humans!

Quoting LysNVantesMom:

We have two. A female 3 years old, and a male 8 months old. I would never own any other type of dog in my life. Used to have a shih-tzu, he was nasty to our female pit bull. She ran away from him!  The only time I've been bitten by a dog in my life was by a skipperkee. 

Santina25
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
We have 2 :) they are wonderful dogs! They love our brand new baby girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:42 AM

No, I would never own a pit bull. I know that training is what is most important with any dog....but I am uncomfortable with certain breeds and would never own them.

kjoarcik
by Kori on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

We have a German Shepard/American Pit Bull Terrier mix. She's an amazing dog. Very sweet, but very protective of her family. A lot of people in my husband's family have Pits. I've never met a mean one.

pinkfairy0206
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this
That's wonderful! So good to read these stories:)

Quoting Santina25:

We have 2 :) they are wonderful dogs! They love our brand new baby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)