Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I found out yesterday that I am 3cm dilated and effaced and have lower back pain, etc..I am 37 weeks pregnant. Dh and I are worried about labor coming and what we will do with our children if I have to go to the hospital. You just never know when labor will hit and then I will have to find care for them while I am in the hospital because my dh is working.

His parents are more than willing to fly here and help me with the kids my last weeks and also will be here to care for them while I am in the hospital. We have asked my mom if she can come early and she cannot. His parents are the only people that can help us. So I told my mom we will have to call his parents to come into town early. This means that when she comes (which is later) they will be here in our house. My mom wanted to be the only one in the house and didn't want to have to be in the house with his parents also. I told my mom I;m sorry but we didn't expect I would be progressing like this and we need them here because they are the only ones that can come early and help us. My mom says we should have just found a babysitter and not had have them fly out here. I was irritated because my mom's only reason for this is so SHE doesn't have to see his parents while she is here, when she does come. I wanted to tell my mom that it isn't all about HER..it's about me! I am the one going into labor, these are our children and I cannot just find a babysitter to stay in our house for 3 days while I am in the hospital..it's not that easy.

So now my mom is being all weird and saying she doesn't know if she even wants to fly out here. The thing is, we paid for her plane ticket already and she basically wants us to eat the cost because she is too selfish and anti-social to come here when SHE planned because she doesn't FEEL LIKE being around his parents. Is she right in her actions?

juggling

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Replies (11-16):
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Why aren't you and your husband able to do it on your own? I have 3 kids and nobody came in to help me. Less drama if you just handle your own business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AuntFib
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Don't worry about Mom!  Her feelings are hurt because she won't be the one taking care of everything for you. She'll get over it, and she'll be on that plane!  I promise!

christina0607
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Well you know she certainly has the option of not coming. 

why can't your husband be there for his kids when you go into labor?

Paperfishies
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Honestly, I can understand her not wanting to be around his parents.  I am the same way, I don't like spending time around people I don't really know and don't like.  With that said, tell her to get a hotel room until his parents leave.

i guess I am just independent but why do you need someone to come care for your other kids?  Why can't you and your husband take care of your own household while you're in the hospital?  You've had 9 months to plan for this.

i can certainly see why your mother is pissed off. She thought she was going to have some really quality time with her grandchildren but instead she has to share it with the inlaws.

Due9
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

He is working. He works all kinds of shifts and usually is gone 12-13 hours a shift. He didn't take his leave until 4 days before my due date. But it seems like I could go earlier than that. His parents will be here with our kids while I drive myself to the hospital..or get a neighbor to drive me if I am in alot of pain..it's a 25 minute drive. That's not too long, but it's long if I am in so much pain and don't want to risk a car accident.

Quoting christina0607:

juggling

christina0607
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM

What does he do that he can't be there when you go into the hospital?

I have never heard of a man being denied going to the hospital while his child is being born. 

Quoting Due9:

He is working. He works all kinds of shifts and usually is gone 12-13 hours a shift. He didn't take his leave until 4 days before my due date. But it seems like I could go earlier than that. His parents will be here with our kids while I drive myself to the hospital..or get a neighbor to drive me if I am in alot of pain..it's a 25 minute drive. That's not too long, but it's long if I am in so much pain and don't want to risk a car accident.

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN