Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should i buy a small tablet for my 2 and half year old boy *updated*

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 109 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you buy a tablet for 2 and half year old toddler?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 162

View Results

My son is 2 years and a half old and he is always playing with my cell phone games and now my phone charge is always drained and I'm debating with my husband if i should buy a small tablet for him so he can play his games, would you do it?

updated

I have been reading all your comments and i have been doing research and I'm pretty sure that the tablet that I'm going to buy is the inno tab 2 for my ds because is a tablet that is builtvery well for kids so im sure that my dsis not going to break it and it has a lot of games that he can play and learn while he plays, and i decided on that because i think that he can used it more than one that is not design for kids, and i don't have to worry about him breaking it, and even though that fits my son better my best friend got her son and ipad and he is the same age as mine and he uses it and has a lot of fun with it so i respect the people that do decided to get the ipad or other more expensive tablets because the kids will grow and will eventually need something better. And for the people that were asking my son plays outside and he is in a perfect weight  my husband is in the navy so we all have and active live and he has lots of toys including legos, trucks and many other toys and the tablet is something that he would use with moderation.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I wouldn't buy dd a tablet, but right now she has a phone. Only because dh got a new one (that one was always having problems), so we really have no use for it. But I wouldn't buy something just for her, she has plenty of other toys. 

Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I would. But nothing expensive. I'd find a used one or one of the $50 ones.

I have a tablet we let our son play with it, he's 2. It has a bunch of stuff for him to do when we sit at dr appointments and such:-).

It's our tablet but we share with him. If I didn't have one though yes I'd buy him one. $50 tablet vs attempting to play with mommy or daddy's expensive laptops. I'd take a ruined tablet any day. Lol.
He does know better then to mess with the laptops :-). Thankfully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hudson.maggie
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I got my dd one from Walmart.com it's a visual land android tablet and it was $95. She loves it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I found a cheap electronic learning pad for under 20 bucks at Sears..  You can order it from Kmart.com.   DD is 7 and still loves it.   I cant find hers but here is another one you may want to think about ...

Kidz Delight LTD Smooth Touch Fun N Play Tablet at Kmart.comhttp://www.kmart.com/kidz-delight-ltd-smooth-touch-fun-n-play/p-004V005542449000P?prdNo=25&blockNo=25&blockType=G25

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM
At 2? No. At 4+, sure. My DD has a Nabi 2 that she plays with occasionally. She likes a few games on it but mostly uses it for iheartradio, books and her homework. She's 5.
mommy2angels427
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

check out the nabi..... it's great for young children!

Danielitosmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Why ask? Do what works for you. Personally i wouldn't have to because i interact with my kids. My kid wouldn't drain a phone, they would talk to me

I know i want to buy but my dh is the one that doesn't want to, and i play and i talk to him a lot, but he also plays with my phone because he really likes it. But i don't expect my ds to spend the whole day just talking to me. And the games that he plays are educative games so they also help me learn a lot of things.

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I buying one for my sons first birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM
4 moms liked this
That's rude. Just because a kid has an electronic toy doesn't mean they don't interact with their parents.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Why ask? Do what works for you. Personally i wouldn't have to because i interact with my kids. My kid wouldn't drain a phone, they would talk to me
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

both my kids had an iTouch by the time they were 2 and tablets at 2.5-3

they each have and iPad, iPod and a kindle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)