Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should i buy a small tablet for my 2 and half year old boy *updated*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you buy a tablet for 2 and half year old toddler?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 162

View Results

My son is 2 years and a half old and he is always playing with my cell phone games and now my phone charge is always drained and I'm debating with my husband if i should buy a small tablet for him so he can play his games, would you do it?

updated

I have been reading all your comments and i have been doing research and I'm pretty sure that the tablet that I'm going to buy is the inno tab 2 for my ds because is a tablet that is builtvery well for kids so im sure that my dsis not going to break it and it has a lot of games that he can play and learn while he plays, and i decided on that because i think that he can used it more than one that is not design for kids, and i don't have to worry about him breaking it, and even though that fits my son better my best friend got her son and ipad and he is the same age as mine and he uses it and has a lot of fun with it so i respect the people that do decided to get the ipad or other more expensive tablets because the kids will grow and will eventually need something better. And for the people that were asking my son plays outside and he is in a perfect weight  my husband is in the navy so we all have and active live and he has lots of toys including legos, trucks and many other toys and the tablet is something that he would use with moderation.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (101-109):
AJnEsMama
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Yeah same here: ). I wish they could put a master control on that but other than that I am happy. My dh bought her more apps so now she just picks other stuff. But I'm sure she will end up doing it again and asking for help. I tell her if its too hard play something else or pick one. 

Quoting rjsmommy214:

Hahaha! Yup! DS does the same thing. Then I hear "Help Mommy!".

Quoting AJnEsMama:

We love it too. She still tries to get my kindle and phone sometimes but she loves her leappad 2. I see the learning too. It teaches them faster and helps her with coordination and memory etc. The only thing is she always picks level three on the crayola game and even I can't not touch the sides lol.

Quoting rjsmommy214:

we bought a leappad 2 for DS for Xmas. He loves it. I needed something for him because he was wanting to play with my kindle fire all the time. This has been great and he's learning alot!

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

yes i would buy it sounds like a cool idea 

kansasmom1978
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell no! I think it's nuts to buy stuff like that for young kids. My 11 yr doesnt even have a phone yet. He wont get one till 8th grade. Kids are too damn dependant on technology. And I am not going to let my kids fall into that loop. 

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I would get a square trade warranty and get accident protection on whatever you get because small kids are notoriously rough on things and that way you can get your money back if it breaks. i bought my kids a leap pad and 2 weeks later they broke the stupid screen and i was able to get my $$$ back.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

iansusie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I got my boys this one too... My kids are 5 and 8 and we love it. DH and I might get ourselves one. It is small, not too pricy and does everything we would do with a tablet. No need to spend $300-500 on an ipad.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

I got my dd one from Walmart.com it's a visual land android tablet and it was $95. She loves it

hudson.maggie
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Yep :). And it has a parental control app that is awesome!

Quoting iansusie:

I got my boys this one too... My kids are 5 and 8 and we love it. DH and I might get ourselves one. It is small, not too pricy and does everything we would do with a tablet. No need to spend $300-500 on an ipad.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

I got my dd one from Walmart.com it's a visual land android tablet and it was $95. She loves it

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sama2Mamma
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Hell no. My baby doesn't need an expensive electronic device. There are books, toys, outdoors and playing with mommy and daddy. (Unless child has a learning disability or something.)

You could do the leappad though. Atleast it is meant for kids and also educational.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2boys03
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

A few pieces of advice for the any electronics for a child.  Always get the warrenty.  You never know what they will do. Second get the case for the innotab the harder on it has storage for the games and will help protect it.  my 6 year old loves his and we brought it to my older son's pinewood derby a few weeks ago and it got passed around to the boy scouts during down time.  Even the 4thand 5th graders.  It was kind of funny.

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I wouldn't buy a tablet but I would get a leap pad and limit the use. My parents wanted to get dd a tablet and I looked into educational stuff for them but I was still more impressed with leap pads program, that I can check on her progress, change settings, etc. I was also worried about her breaking a tablet. I figure in a few years they can get her a tablet. The technology will be better and she will be older and then she will have outgrown the leap pad program. We've been really happy with leap pad, dd is six. But she can only play on the weekends and only for an hour.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)