Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should i buy a small tablet for my 2 and half year old boy *updated*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you buy a tablet for 2 and half year old toddler?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 162

View Results

My son is 2 years and a half old and he is always playing with my cell phone games and now my phone charge is always drained and I'm debating with my husband if i should buy a small tablet for him so he can play his games, would you do it?

updated

I have been reading all your comments and i have been doing research and I'm pretty sure that the tablet that I'm going to buy is the inno tab 2 for my ds because is a tablet that is builtvery well for kids so im sure that my dsis not going to break it and it has a lot of games that he can play and learn while he plays, and i decided on that because i think that he can used it more than one that is not design for kids, and i don't have to worry about him breaking it, and even though that fits my son better my best friend got her son and ipad and he is the same age as mine and he uses it and has a lot of fun with it so i respect the people that do decided to get the ipad or other more expensive tablets because the kids will grow and will eventually need something better. And for the people that were asking my son plays outside and he is in a perfect weight  my husband is in the navy so we all have and active live and he has lots of toys including legos, trucks and many other toys and the tablet is something that he would use with moderation.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (81-90):
Danielitosmom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GrammaJane46
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Our just-turned 3 got a tablet for Christmas so that mom could have her Kindle Fire back.  It's the digital age, my friends.

bcauseimthemom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Why not? If you can afford it and your child will enjoy it, what is the problem??? Each of my kids have a laptop, my youngest also has a Kindle fire, and my next youngest has a Nexus and my two oldest both have Ipads... Is it really anyone elses' business what you do with your money or what your child has or doesn't have???

louzannalady
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No! I prefer that my kids play with toys that stimulate their imagination. They have a lot of fun playing with blocks and Legos and baby dolls and play kitchens and tossing balls and all sorts of toys like that.

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM

We bought DS a innotab. Its a tablet for kids, and a lot cheaper. He loves it. DS is 2. 

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

No, a two year old does not need a tablet. If your toddler is playing with your cell phone that much, you need to take away the cell phone because hes playing with it too much, not get him something so he can stare at a screen even more. You honestly need to do some reasearch on how tablets and technology effects brain development in young children. 

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Quoting Danielitosmom:

My son is 2 years and a half old and he is always playing with my cell phone games and now my phone charge is always drained and I'm debating with my husband if i should buy a small tablet for him so he can play his games, would you do it?

updated

I have been reading all your comments and i have been doing research and I'm pretty sure that the tablet that I'm going to buy is the inno tab 2 for my ds because is a tablet that is builtvery well for kids so im sure that my dsis not going to break it and it has a lot of games that he can play and learn while he plays, and i decided on that because i think that he can used it more than one that is not design for kids, and i don't have to worry about him breaking it, and even though that fits my son better my best friend got her son and ipad and he is the same age as mine and he uses it and has a lot of fun with it so i respect the people that do decided to get the ipad or other more expensive tablets because the kids will grow and will eventually need something better. And for the people that were asking my son plays outside and he is in a perfect weight  my husband is in the navy so we all have and active live and he has lots of toys including legos, trucks and many other toys and the tablet is something that he would use with moderation.

Don't be surprised if your kid still wants to play with your cell phone. It has other features that his tablet will not like people calling and a mommy who is always close to him and her cell.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Once you get that and have your son use it for a bit, could ya let me know how it goes? I'm thinking of buying my son one of those.

I'm getting him a portable dvd player as well. But I'm thinking this might help him with other things. Both to be used only under my supervision.

wedding countdown

Danielitosmom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Sure

Quoting Basherte:

Once you get that and have your son use it for a bit, could ya let me know how it goes? I'm thinking of buying my son one of those.

I'm getting him a portable dvd player as well. But I'm thinking this might help him with other things. Both to be used only under my supervision.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM

thanks

Quoting Danielitosmom:

Sure

Quoting Basherte:

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)