Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is my water going to break?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm almost 37+3 weeks pregnant with baby number 3. I'm 3cm dilated and lost my whole plug on Wednesday. Contractions r on and off but nothing serious. Today I had to pee and while I was peeing I felt this small pop feeling in my cervix area. If any fluid did come out it wasn't much. This was a few hours ago and I have not leaked anything since.. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this. Idk if maybe my baby is blocking my fluid from leaking or if the pop was something else. My water had to be broken by my doctor with my other two pregnancies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM

with my 2nd the doc broke my water and not a lot came out. She had me put on a pad and walk around. and ooo boy did it come out doing that lol... I really dont know if you think your water broke i would call the doc they have a test they can do to check.

MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:36 PM

If you really want to check, lay down on your back with your hips raised for a few minutes and then get up.  If baby's head is blocking any from leaking, when you get horizontal, the baby should kinda drift back away from the cervix, at least enough for some to pool - when you stand up, it should gush if there is any. 

Good luck!

havensmommy820
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Thanks I will try that

Quoting MunchiesMom324:

If you really want to check, lay down on your back with your hips raised for a few minutes and then get up.  If baby's head is blocking any from leaking, when you get horizontal, the baby should kinda drift back away from the cervix, at least enough for some to pool - when you stand up, it should gush if there is any. 

Good luck!

Due9
by your-bff on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Wow. We are almost in the same position. I am 37 weeks and 3 cm dilated. I think you will go before me :)

havensmommy820
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Never know girl! Is this your first pregnancy?

Quoting Due9:

Wow. We are almost in the same position. I am 37 weeks and 3 cm dilated. I think you will go before me :)

Due9
by your-bff on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM
This is my third. A couple of weeks ago I was closed. So my body is progressing, but my OB said it doesnt really mean it will happen tomorrow. Others have also said they walked around for weeks 3cm dilated.

Quoting havensmommy820:

Quoting Due9:

havensmommy820
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I walked arond 3 with my
First for a few weeks. But I have had much
More signs that labor is near with
This one. I'm hoping I don't have her this weekend. It's very snowy where I'm located right now and I live an hour and a half away for
The hospital!

Quoting Due9:

This is my third. A couple of weeks ago I was closed. So my body is progressing, but my OB said it doesnt really mean it will happen tomorrow. Others have also said they walked around for weeks 3cm dilated.

Quoting havensmommy820:

Quoting Due9:

sissyboogs
by Katie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM
With my daughter, I was 6 cm and didn't know. I wasn't in labor, and I have no idea how long I was that far dilated...it was the first time the dr checked me.

Good luck!

Quoting Due9:

Quoting havensmommy820:

Quoting Due9:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
havensmommy820
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Wow 6! That's crazy! Did they make u have your baby after they checked you??

Quoting sissyboogs:

With my daughter, I was 6 cm and didn't know. I wasn't in labor, and I have no idea how long I was that far dilated...it was the first time the dr checked me.

Good luck!

Quoting Due9:

Quoting havensmommy820:

Quoting Due9:

sissyboogs
by Katie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
They didn't "make me"...

I was having pre-e complications and we were discussing induction that day or going on strict bed rest over the weekend. The doctor decided to check me ...and once we realized I was 6 cm, we decided to induce that day.

Quoting havensmommy820:

Wow 6! That's crazy! Did they make u have your baby after they checked you??

Quoting sissyboogs:

Good luck!

Quoting Due9:

Quoting havensmommy820:

Quoting Due9:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)