Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is this legal? UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!! 100PM!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • 63 Replies

UPDATE!!

he dropped her off after blowing up my phone telling me he will have her there when he wants saying fuck you and all types of bs... then i taped him with my phone when he actually showed up with her and he called me a bitch and a whore and told dd that he cant see her again that he has a 2faced family and all other innapropriate things he shouldnt say to her/ in front of her! omg... i cant wait to see how court plays out!

my ex isnt picking up his phone for me to talk to dd :( the last time i talked to her was yesterday ovr 24 hrs ago :(  he texted me once to ask me a stupid question but refused to answer his phone for me to talk to dd. this is complete bs! i have even texted him asking can i talk to dd? and nothing. i hate this shit...

hes using her as a pawn in his sick game to get me riled up :(

edit... we have joint custody (legal) and he has her 1 week a month altho this is the 1st time he has seen her in 10 months!!!! :( i have called every other day 2 times (once to say good morning and 1 to say goodnight. ) just now he decided the past 2 days not to let me talk to her cuz he wanted me to take her early but it was still his visitation and he hadnt seen her in almost a year! he would have told the judge that i made him give up his time. 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma4vr
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM

BUMP!

kayla4507
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:26 PM

It all depends on if you've been to court and what the papers say if you have. Otherwise, its not illegal. He can keep you from your dd as long as he wishes until you took him to court or you file for custody. 

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM
He doesn't hve to let you talk to her while she is with him...however, since you have sole custody, if he doesn't give her back when he is supposed to THAT is illegal.
I would make note of this game he is playing and tell your attorney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
is it in the custody agreement that he must allow u to talk to her during his visits?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicole1357
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I don't know if it is legal, but try to stay calm. If he is trying to make you angry, act like it doesn't even bother you.  

momma4vr
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM

we have joint legal custody and i have primary placement. we are going back to court to hopefully finalize this divorce :(

Quoting kayla4507:

It all depends on if you've been to court and what the papers say if you have. Otherwise, its not illegal. He can keep you from your dd as long as he wishes until you took him to court or you file for custody. 

bowribbonmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes, it's legal. He doesn't have to let you have any contact with your DD during his access hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Yes, it's legal. He doesn't have to let you have any contact with your DD during his access hours.

well that sucks :( i miss my baby girl..

momma4vr
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Nicole1357:

I don't know if it is legal, but try to stay calm. If he is trying to make you angry, act like it doesn't even bother you.  

im about to go to his house to check on her but i know i shouldnt... i hate him... i am so thankful  was with him to have my baby... but seriously... thats all im thankful for

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Something I have learned from my "lovely" experience with my ex is to document EVERYTHING! Everytime he sees her or doesn't see her. Keep every text and email he sends, etc. How often he calls her or if he didn't call her. That type of stuff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)