Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you get a 2nd Opinion? Sorry tmi

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

I noticed a few lumps on my lower vaginal wall in the back at the bottom{sorry tmi} a few months ago. My OBGYN examine me and said it is normal no worries.  She does not feel anything abnormal. But it could be normal for a women vaginal walls to be a little lumpy. I am still feeling them! Would you get a 2nd opinion?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get a 2nd opinion if makes you feel better. Like not so worried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I happen to trust my Dr. and generally do not question his judgement. If I did, I certainly would get a second opinion, trust your intuition. It can't hurt.

mom2_girlz
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM

thanks Ladies, anyone else!

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Second opinion.  Better safe then sorry.  If the lumps are something that have not been there in the past then you need to have another opinion to ensure that it is indeed normal.  how big are the lumps and when did you notice them?

Marimaru
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM

If they weren't there before and they are now, yeah, I would probably want someone else to look.

mom2_girlz
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Few like the size of a quarter each maybe.  They are below my cervix on the bottom vaginal wall all the way in the back.  i notice them months ago.  My OB told me not to worry but since they are still there i am worrying. 

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Second opinion.  Better safe then sorry.  If the lumps are something that have not been there in the past then you need to have another opinion to ensure that it is indeed normal.  how big are the lumps and when did you notice them?

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I trust my OB/GYN 100% so no I would not get a second opinion.

opal10161973
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM

They could be cysts and if they aren't painful, then you don't have anything to worry about.  Women often have them and never even know.  Get a second opinion to make yourself feel better.  I would, if I had any questions that I felt were not being answered definitively enough by my Dr.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Yes it doesn't hurt to get a 2nd opinion.

mom2_girlz
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM

thanks they are not painful. 

Quoting opal10161973:

They could be cysts and if they aren't painful, then you don't have anything to worry about.  Women often have them and never even know.  Get a second opinion to make yourself feel better.  I would, if I had any questions that I felt were not being answered definitively enough by my Dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)