Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does this make me a horrible person??

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
That I feel like I can't be happy for any one. A couple months ago the day before me and my EX broke up my cousin told me she was expecting her first child. I should have been happy for them but while her life I was perfect mine was getting ready to unravel and be come a complete mess. I work my butt off for my kids we have our own apartment and I am a full time single mom to them while there dad has walked out of their life for his new girlfriend of 2 weeks. I was just talking to a good friend of mine and she told me her BF just purposed to her. I think its awesom but still can't bring my self to be happy for them. I feel like I have so much love to give and so much to offer but have no one to give it to. Obviously everything is still fresh and I'm not looking for anyone to fill the emptyness I feel. I wish I had friends guys or girls just to hang out with and talk to. I do feel horrible that I can't be happy for anyone else. I feel like everyones life around me is moving forward while mine is standing still. Any advice without bashing would be great thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pristine729
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
its normal when things aren't going right to find it difficult to be happy for others.
but remember their happiness may be short lived to, hopefully not!

at least pretend to be happy, imagine how you would feel if you were pregnant or getting married and no 1 was happy for you

and remember everything is temporary... just because you're going through a hard time now doesn't mean things won't be good again
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM

This is a depression state.  It is normal to feel that way when your life has crumbled around you.  If you can not get past the numbness or sadness though look into getting help.  

SoKamele
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM

You're depressed. Get counseling.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM
This is good advice.

Quoting frndlyfn:

This is a depression state.  It is normal to feel that way when your life has crumbled around you.  If you can not get past the numbness or sadness though look into getting help.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I would NEVER let them know how hard it is for me to be happy for them. I think its awesome that they are both opening new chapters in their lives. I can only hope one day I can open a new chapter and move forward as well.

Quoting pristine729:

its normal when things aren't going right to find it difficult to be happy for others.

at least pretend to be happy, imagine how you would feel if you were pregnant or getting married and no 1 was happy for you

and remember everything is temporary... just because you're going through a hard time now doesn't mean things won't be good again

pristine729
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Stay positive... Embrace the things you do have. Being single is not that bad!

Quoting jenking04:

I would NEVER let them know how hard it is for me to be happy for them. I think its awesome that they are both opening new chapters in their lives. I can only hope one day I can open a new chapter and move forward as well.

Quoting pristine729:

jenking04
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Part of me loves being single. It beats being in a lieing cheating relationship. But when I have a bad day at work sometimes I wish I had someone to come home to. To lean on. To talk to.

Quoting pristine729:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting pristine729:

pristine729
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
That's what friends are for!

Quoting jenking04:

Part of me loves being single. It beats being in a lieing cheating relationship. But when I have a bad day at work sometimes I wish I had someone to come home to. To lean on. To talk to.

Quoting pristine729:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting pristine729:

jenking04
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I don't have very many friends. I lost all of them when I was with my EX and the ones I do have live about 30min away. And I never go out cause I work so much and take care of the kids full time.

Quoting pristine729:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting pristine729:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting pristine729:

pristine729
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Reconnect by calling them and saying hi.

Quoting jenking04:

I don't have very many friends. I lost all of them when I was with my EX and the ones I do have live about 30min away. And I never go out cause I work so much and take care of the kids full time.

Quoting pristine729:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting pristine729:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting pristine729:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)