Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Newborn WILL NOT sleep on her back

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 21 Replies
What do I do? I put her on her back and she instantly wakes up!! She cries, I prop her on her side and she makes her way to get stomach and goes right to sleep!! I'm so scared of SIDS but she will only sleep on her stomach!!

Any advice would be great!! Thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jb0520
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatherineNewton
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

truthfully I would let her sleep the way she wants to. my dd also started on her back and would be on her stomach when I went back in. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

how newborn is she? When a baby can get on their stomach on their own, they typically can move their head to breathe.    We used and still use a fan to keep air moving in the bedroom.  That helps decrease the risk of sids. Just make sure the head is turned so nose/mouth are visible.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I let mine sleep on his stomach. Its the only way he would sleep. To this day its the only way he will sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2boys03
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM

My youngest was that way.  In the hospital hours after he was born a nurse came in to check him and he was on his side.  I got lectured she did what she needed to do for him and then laid him on his back.  She turned to check me and within seconds he had turned himself on his side.  I pointed it out to the nurse.  Some babies just don't like their back.  That being said make sure your baby had burped after feeding.  They could have gas and laying on their stomach makes them feel better

jb0520
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Really? How old was she when you let her?

Quoting CatherineNewton:

truthfully I would let her sleep the way she wants to. my dd also started on her back and would be on her stomach when I went back in. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexychica25
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I'm sorry I have no advice. My son was just like that. He'd make his way to.his his side. I even bought this thing to keep him from rolling over to his stomach and he still figured out how to get to his side. I just had his bassinet right next to my bed and damn near slept with one eye open.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Shontell on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM
if she can move her head so she can breathe then let her.
my kids love sleepin on their belly and side. they also started holding their head up right away. I did encourage them to sleep on their backs until they could roll over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM
4 weeks..

Fan is a great idea

Quoting frndlyfn:

how newborn is she? When a baby can get on their stomach on their own, they typically can move their head to breathe.    We used and still use a fan to keep air moving in the bedroom.  That helps decrease the risk of sids. Just make sure the head is turned so nose/mouth are visible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Let that baby sleep how she is comfortable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN