Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Your kids are socially inept fatties, who you're too busy to spend time with...

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 66 Replies
3 moms liked this

Dontcha know if you allow your children to have electronic devices they will become socially inept, obese, mindless zombies?!?!?  Yeah, that's right.  In Moronland there is no such thing. Moderation or middle of the road do not exist...it's all one extreme or the other. 

My kids have every electronic device known to man, literally....My 2 year old even has her own iPad.  Does this mean that my kids spend every waking minute glued to a screen?  Uh, not hardly.  My kids would prefer to be outside, at the park, swimming or running around.  They are both very active and involved in extracurricular activities that involve physical activity and socialization.

The problem is not electronic devices, the problem is overall shitty parenting.  Just because a kid has an iPad, laptop or iPod doesn't mean that's the only thing they interact with.  I'm about to tell you something completely earth shattering...get ready for it...it is totally possibly or an electronics owning child to have a close relationship with his/her parents.  It is totally possible for that child to spend time playing with other children, playing with Legos and puzzles and doing crafts with mom.

So, if you're able to step outside of your bubble of ignorance, you may just see that the "problem" is overall shitty parenting.  Parents who have no time for their children.  When you see my 2 year old using her iPad in a restaurant, it's not because I'm being lazy, it's not because my 2 year old has an internet addiction.  It's because she's autistic and has sensory issues, when things get loud and busy, she gets over stimulated, the iPad helps her zone in and focus on one thing.  

Just to add, I do think it's funny when people bitch about the evils of electronics all while they're using said electronic to post to strangers on an online message forum. 

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inspain
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Alright, lady, let's hear it, who pissed you off?  

(I totally agree with you, btw.)

Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM
"Go link from here to over there. You'll find tannins lair, come on it's your destttiiny!"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Gannon*

Quoting Angelicembrace:

"Go link from here to over there. You'll find tannins lair, come on it's your destttiiny!"
norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Lol tell that to Bill Gates' mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I'm not pissed off, lol.  

I guess my mind is kind of blown after seeing on here 299999897 times that kids who play with electronics aren't capable of doing anything else...they aren't able to hold conversations, play with puzzles, etc.  

Quoting inspain:

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Quoting inspain:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Pfft.  Bill Gates is a socially awkward, fat computer nerd with no life, no friends and...oh wait, never mind. :)

Quoting norwgnwood:

Lol tell that to Bill Gates' mama!

Paperfishies
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I love Zelda sooooooo much.

Quoting Angelicembrace:

Cubanmom84
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I am with you lady!! My 5 year old also has autism with sensory issues and has his own iPad .
terpmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I agree!! Mine only get electronics as a treat or when they need to be settled (doctors waiting area or our yearly drive from Colorado to Texas). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN