Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Your kids are socially inept fatties, who you're too busy to spend time with...

Posted by   + Show Post

Dontcha know if you allow your children to have electronic devices they will become socially inept, obese, mindless zombies?!?!?  Yeah, that's right.  In Moronland there is no such thing. Moderation or middle of the road do not exist...it's all one extreme or the other. 

My kids have every electronic device known to man, literally....My 2 year old even has her own iPad.  Does this mean that my kids spend every waking minute glued to a screen?  Uh, not hardly.  My kids would prefer to be outside, at the park, swimming or running around.  They are both very active and involved in extracurricular activities that involve physical activity and socialization.

The problem is not electronic devices, the problem is overall shitty parenting.  Just because a kid has an iPad, laptop or iPod doesn't mean that's the only thing they interact with.  I'm about to tell you something completely earth shattering...get ready for it...it is totally possibly or an electronics owning child to have a close relationship with his/her parents.  It is totally possible for that child to spend time playing with other children, playing with Legos and puzzles and doing crafts with mom.

So, if you're able to step outside of your bubble of ignorance, you may just see that the "problem" is overall shitty parenting.  Parents who have no time for their children.  When you see my 2 year old using her iPad in a restaurant, it's not because I'm being lazy, it's not because my 2 year old has an internet addiction.  It's because she's autistic and has sensory issues, when things get loud and busy, she gets over stimulated, the iPad helps her zone in and focus on one thing.  

Just to add, I do think it's funny when people bitch about the evils of electronics all while they're using said electronic to post to strangers on an online message forum. 

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

An Ipad is not a toy. I don't think its something that toddlers should be playing with, their minds are still at a critical point of development where even just a little bit of time with things like that has an impact. Your child has a reason to play on an ipad in a restaurant, otherwise, I think the kid needs to get off the game and interact with their family and see whats going on around them. 

Quoting Paperfishies:

The reason doesn't really matter.  A game is a game is a game.

Quoting LucyHarper:

I think its stupid for a toddler to have an ipad unless they actually have a medical purpose for it or something, shoot me. Your kid has a reason, most do not. 

Lottie925
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Bill gates is not fat! Lol

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank goodness this isn't the united states of lucy harper.

what you think doesn't really matter outside of your family, does it?

LOL

Quoting LucyHarper:

An Ipad is not a toy. I don't think its something that toddlers should be playing with, their minds are still at a critical point of development where even just a little bit of time with things like that has an impact. Your child has a reason to play on an ipad in a restaurant, otherwise, I think the kid needs to get off the game and interact with their family and see whats going on around them. 

Quoting Paperfishies:

Quoting LucyHarper:

I think its stupid for a toddler to have an ipad unless they actually have a medical purpose for it or something, shoot me. Your kid has a reason, most do not. 

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Thank God that this is the United States and I'm allowed to have an opinion and share it, especially when asked. 

Quoting FooLynRoo:

LOL

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Quoting LucyHarper:

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM

and?

Quoting LucyHarper:

Thank God that this is the United States and I'm allowed to have an opinion and share it, especially when asked. 

Quoting FooLynRoo:

LOL

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Quoting LucyHarper:

one_on_the_way
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Whoa!  

Where did that come from?

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Dd only gets her leap pad on the weekend and only for an hour each day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

So why the heck do you care what I say or think? What is your purpose on saying random pointless things like "it doesn't matter outside your family" when I wasn't speaking to you and what you are saying is obvious?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

and?

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

LOL

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Quoting LucyHarper:

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it was random at all, I was clearly expressing my opinion about your opinion.

Thank goodness your "thoughts" don't rule the rest of us.

I'm a big girl, I don't hav to wait to be spoken to. as you pointed out this is the USA and I get to voice my opinion about your opinion whenever I want.

Quoting LucyHarper:

So why the heck do you care what I say or think? What is your purpose on saying random pointless things like "it doesn't matter outside your family" when I wasn't speaking to you and what you are saying is obvious?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

and?

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

LOL

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Quoting LucyHarper:

angevil53
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM
I think this would be mostly directed at grown men. Reason being bc they're the ones who have trouble with moderation in gaming it seems.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN