Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Super PISSED!!! How the hell did this happen??? UPDATE IN RED!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 42 Replies

This morning I checked to see how much I had in my bank account so I could go to the store. I saw that I am NEGITIVE $3.08! Then I saw that there was a charge for Home Depot for $16.28 made yesterday. I was at a family reuinon yesterday and never even went to the store. Some how someone was able to use my info to do this. Both of my bank cards are with me and no one had access to them but me. I am super pissed. Have to have the bank despite it for me. I destory any paper work that has any of my info on it always.

BF took me to the bank this morning. Everything got worked out. I had more money in the bank than I thought I did in the first place. The charges came from a Home Depot in California (I am in Illinois). They charged other things on my card beside that one transaction. The others did not hit till later. All my money will be returned by Fri and I will not have any overdraft charges.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kat1116
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Are you sure it wasn't from a few days ago and just went through? If not then go to the bank on Monday and dispute the charges.

devilkitty
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

No I know it is not that because I could not tell you the last time I was at a Home Depot. The weird thing is, on every transaction, you can see th x's and then the last 4 numbers of my bank card. Not on this one.

Master_Debater
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
This. Some banks let places have up to 30 days to post the transaction. Exactly why it's important to keep track and not depend on what your card /account says.

Quoting kat1116:

Are you sure it wasn't from a few days ago and just went through? If not then go to the bank on Monday and dispute the charges.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki554
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Can you tell if it is a credit or pin based transaction. That will make all the difference in the world to weather the bank will or will not fix it. There is a girl in my class that just had her infor stolen and someone used it on the west coast. we are on the east coast. can you tell if it is a local transaction?

devilkitty
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM

right now it is just pending. I have not been in a home depot in forever. When it actully hits is when I can have them take care of it and find out where the store is. I don't know how they can use it in the store with out a card. My dad thinks it may have been a on-line purchuse.

Quoting nikki554:

Can you tell if it is a credit or pin based transaction. That will make all the difference in the world to weather the bank will or will not fix it. There is a girl in my class that just had her infor stolen and someone used it on the west coast. we are on the east coast. can you tell if it is a local transaction?

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait.... You had less than $20 in the bank? Holy shit that would be the worst part!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
devilkitty
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM

That is a bad part. Don't get paid till friday and was off work for awhile because of christmas and new years. I work for a school and had winter break.  

Quoting N.DADanceMom:

Wait.... You had less than $20 in the bank? Holy shit that would be the worst part!

kat1116
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM

If you think it was a online purchase I would try calling and see maybe? I would think they would have a 24 hr hotline or maybe your card would?

devilkitty
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I did call they have to have the bank figure it out when it goes thru. They cancelled my bank card and are sending me a new one in the mail.

Quoting kat1116:

If you think it was a online purchase I would try calling and see maybe? I would think they would have a 24 hr hotline or maybe your card would?

megz0511
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM
2 moms liked this
The statement should have a store number. Look up the store number on their store locator. Call the store and have them bring up the transaction in a journal review. Then should be able to tell you if it was swiped or typed in. If it was typed the cashier may have hit the wrong key. If not talk to their cashier manager or loss pervention person. They can bring the person up on camera. I used to work for a "box" store like that. Hope this helps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)