Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Transitioning baby to crib...HELP!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

So my 16 month old is still sleeping in the pack n play in our bedroom. And he does NOT sleep through the night....yes, you read that correctly. So he always ends up in our bed. I can only try to let him cry it out for so long because my husband wakes up for work at 4am. 

I'm SO ready to get him in his own room...but there's a catch. He's going to be sharing a room with his 3 year old brother. How am I going to manage getting him settled into his own room (well, the room he's going to be sharing with his brother) with him not sleeping through the night?! I'm scared my husband and I are doomed to never have our bedroom back to ourselves =(

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
inspain
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:26 PM

We didn't bother.  We just let DD1 sleep where she needed to.  No crying it out, no drama, no sleeplessnights, no nothing.

But here's a bump.  :-)

Oh, I should add: when I say "sleep where she needed to", I mean with us.  In our bed, on the couch in our bedroom, whereever SHE needed to.

DD2 is 14 weeks and she sleeps with us.  I'm sure we'll take the same track with her since it worked so well with DD1.  

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."  -  Ralph Waldo Emerson

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM

i dont believe in sharing rooms, and i dont believe in co-sleeping, so no advice from me... here..

bump

Moogie1005
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Start with naps to get him used to it.  When he gets comfortable with that, then try bed time.  It worked for my DD.  Since he will be sleeping with big brother, let them have fun with it and praise him for trying, even if it's only part of the night.

CCKline3
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Bump?

Bella14308
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd will be 2 next month and doesnt sleep through the night. i want to move her into the other room with her 2 sisters but im waiting til she sleeps through. and im just getting her to go to bed in her bed. she ends up in my beb around 4 or 5 am now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CCKline3
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Bella, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one! My older son did this too...but by some miracle, ended up taking to his bed and sleeping through the night in the two months or so before his baby brother was born. I hope that's not "the cure", considering that my husband has now been "fixed", lol. 

cicianda
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:37 AM
My ds 2 1/2 just started sleeping all night. He share a room
With my dss who is ten. Like inspain if he feel asleep on the couch that's where he stayed. Now when I go check on the boys I find them in the same bed. DSS doesn't mind as of now so I just let it be. Ds says on e he has his dire truck bed he will sleep in it by himself( grandpa is on the process of making it) but Dss isn't looking forward to that. Lol he's ten.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)