Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im curious bc my stbxfil is in declining health and he really wants dd baptized (he wants to be there) and i see nothing wrong with it. i believe there is a higher power but i dont go to church or anything... but he would be so happy to see her baptized and i want to do this for him.... but i have no clue how to even go about this... dd is 2.5 going to be 3.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:25 AM

BUMP!

Cherish77
by Cherish on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:08 AM

What religion are they?  like others say each church has different policies.  i am lds, so we typically don't baptize till they turn 8, Catholics do it in infancy, I don't know about other religions.

SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:14 AM

You can not sin, unless you KNOW RIGHT from WRONG ?

If you want to do it "Just to make him happy "  , OKAY .  

MetallicaGurl
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:50 AM

since it's his wishes to see his daughter baptized schedule it at a church and go by whatever his religious background is....if he's catholic then have your dd baptized at a catholic church....easy as that....i wish the best for both you and your family

XJetX
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:51 AM
1 mom liked this
With water and a liar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MetallicaGurl
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:53 AM

stupid ignorant people piss me off....

Quoting XJetX:

With water and a liar.

XJetX
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM
Not sure why you're telling me this when it doesn't affect me any. Go whine about what pisses you off to someone who cares, I'm going to sleep.

Quoting MetallicaGurl:

stupid ignorant people piss me off....

Quoting XJetX:

With water and a liar.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:52 AM
If your stbxfil has a certain church that he went to/goes to talk with their pastor first. Since they would know the family.
Some of my family is Lutheran and they didn't get baptized until they went through confirmation--and were dedicated when they were babies. But not all Lutheran churches are the same. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rrs256
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:00 AM

I would just go to a catholic church (if you are catholic and probably should go to the one you were baptized at). You would call them or see them in person and tell them you want to baptize your child. You would have to have the god parents picked out (at least one of them has to be catholic as well). They will let you know available dates for everything. You will have a sit down with a priest (one on one) and then take a baptism class.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Most churches I have heard of that do small child/infant baptisms actually require the parents to take the vows for the child. You are dedicating them to the Lord, and promising to raise them in that faith. IDK of any that would do it just for the reasons you stated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)