Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how did you night wean your bottle fed baby?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 27 Replies

how did you night wean your bottle fed baby and how old was your baby when you did it? 

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tansyflower
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM

bump!

Yurixsi
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM
16 months I just took his bottle away.... Told him no more... I would feed him dinner a little later to make sure he was full.. My daughter left her bottle alone at 17 months she found a favorite cup..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM

bump

Yurixsi
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM

my son is only 10 months old (which is young yet) but he has totally reverse cycled and now drinks ALL his bottles at night and only one during the day....its driving me crazy!

so far i have tried putting less oz in each bottle, tried putting more oz in each bottle....it doesnt seem to make a difference.  either way he is up every few hours for a bottle.

Quoting Yurixsi:

16 months I just took his bottle away.... Told him no more... I would feed him dinner a little later to make sure he was full.. My daughter left her bottle alone at 17 months she found a favorite cup..

tansyflower
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 AM

bump!

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM
At 11 months I introduced a sippy with water or formula and then started adding milk and cutting the formula. By the time they were a year, it was straight milk in a sippy 100% of the time so they were weaned from formula and a bottle at the same time..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I honestly don't remember but I think it was around 2 years old. I simply didn't stress that much over it.  When she got more comfortable with sippy cups, we got rid of the bottles.  I kept the bottles because she would turn her sippy cups upside down and I didn't want to deal with the clean up.  15 years ago drippless sippy cups simply did not exist.  If you turned them upside down or dropped them there was always some spillage. 

Fastforward to 15 yrs and she can feed herself just fine and drink out of glasses just fine.  Extended bottle feeding did not ruin her at all.

tansyflower
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM

bump!

tansyflower
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM

i dont mind him drinking out of a bottle, but it seems like going throug 5 plus bottles at night is sort of excessive for a 10 month old.  he has started to not drink a bottle almost at all during the day.  i keep trying to get him to drink more during the day but he wont...maybe its because he is teething?

i am just trying to figure out a way to night wean him....i dont really care if he drinks out a bottle during the day.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I honestly don't remember but I think it was around 2 years old. I simply didn't stress that much over it.  When she got more comfortable with sippy cups, we got rid of the bottles.  I kept the bottles because she would turn her sippy cups upside down and I didn't want to deal with the clean up.  15 years ago drippless sippy cups simply did not exist.  If you turned them upside down or dropped them there was always some spillage. 

Fastforward to 15 yrs and she can feed herself just fine and drink out of glasses just fine.  Extended bottle feeding did not ruin her at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN