Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question about RSVPing to a birthday party

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 38 Replies
We are having dd's 6th birthday party at the gym where she does gymnastics. I have to give a final head count to them and pay a week prior to the party so they have enough staff to cover it (the gym is closed to everyone but the party goers that day). The last day I can give them a head count is the 11th, so I made the RSVP by date the 8th (this Friday). I mailed out invites to friends last Wed and sent invites in to her whole class last Monday but I haven't gotten 1 rsvp yet!

My question: When do you rsvp to children's parties? Do you wait til the rsvp date? Call the day you get the invite? I'm getting worried that nobody will come...or they will just show up and not rsvp (this has happened before and I've noted on the invites that they HAVE to rsvp to get in).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I don't know why but RSVPing seems to a major problem in today's society. I RSVP pretty quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Me too! Wth is wrong with some people??

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I don't know why but RSVPing seems to a major problem in today's society. I RSVP pretty quickly.
afwifeandmommy3
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM
RSVP seems to be a big problem anymore . Goodluck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM
It depends...most of the time I will call within a few da to let them know. Maybe your dd could say something to her friends at school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Unless they give me a ton of time to RSVP  I do so pretty quickly.   If they give me like a months time I'll wait till about half way thru to make sure she'll be available then.

TeamTARDIS
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate that. It isn't hard to take 5minutes to make a call. I guess it shouldn't be surprising since no one seems to have manners anymore.
gr8d8n3mom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I understand about head counts & having the proper staff(as my family used to own restaurants) I'm a quick person to RSVP to ppl's invites. For some reason, others just put it off until the very last day & in today's society some think it's just no big deal, and don't bother. I don't get it, guess they weren't taught why ppl have RSVP on an invite?

Good luck to you, I hope ppl get it together for you :)

Firenygirl180
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I try to rsvp as soon as we know if we can go. I sent out 30 invites to ds's 1st birthday only 10 rsvp'd and none of those showed up even though they said they were coming.
PestPatti
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM

My mother was a stickler about RSVPS.  I am the same way.  It caused a family arguement regarding my daughter in laws bridal shower.     I told my brother if my mother were alive she would have been kicking his ass.   He took offense, and unloaded on me.    I stand by the comment.    Its not that hard to respond yes or no.

jcm28
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I do it as soon as i know i can go. For me it could be the same day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN