Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I was on the News :) Raising awareness, please come check it out!!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

In December my daughter passed away at 9 months old from a congenital heart defect. My husband and I are attempting to change NY state laws and raise awareness.

Here is the link to our news story! Feel free to check out the links at the bottom of the written portion of the story and sign her petition or join her memorial page!

If you do this, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. If not, at the very least, watch the video... and educate yourself on CHD's... they can happen to ANYONE. this is NOT genetic. I am trying to reach people to help save the lives of other babies who are going home undiagnosed! Kaylins chd went undiagnosed for almost a month even though she had EVERY symptom and sign and I told her pediatricians about it....

Krystal

News Story Link:

http://m.9wsyr.com/display/1112/story/e1f060e543556b9283f716163f27a558

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM
The link doesn't work. What law are you trying to change.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beaniedeebo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Go ahead and try the link one more time... for some reason there were issues with BOTH links yesterday, but they seem to be okay today! :)

In NY it is not mandatory for the hospitals to check the oxygen levels of a baby, yet congenital heart defects are the NUMBER ONE defect in babies. My daughter was sent home and almost died at 3 weeks old. Emergency surgery was done, and unfortunately, she still passed away, but perhaps if the damage hadn't been done for 3 weeks early on, she might have survived.

My husband and I are trying to raise awareness through our Local government, as we gather our information to present an argument to make a law mandating pulse ox testing. (the little thing they stick on your finger that measures your oxygen....) Its a simple non invasive test and can save lives. :)

Thanks for looking/commenting and asking. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN