Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What kind of religions are out there? I would like to find out as much as possible about different religions.

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

My SO and I were talking this morning about going to church.

We aren't married but plan on getting married one day. He is a Catholic but hasn't been to church since he was a boy.

I was a Catholic but then turned Christian but I haven't gone to church since my son was baptised when he was 9 months old, he's now 7 years old.

We are thinking about going to a baptist church or a presbyterian church but we don't know anything about them.

Are there any groups on this site that would help me find the answers i'm looking for?

I know that there are sites that aren't reliable and I don't know where to find reliable information about this.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
There are hundreds of thousands. No way can a post tell you what you need. Just go and see what you think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Off the top of my head, there's Islam, Judaism, Paganism. I didn't even scratch the surface in naming all the religions. There's so many out there.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I would go to your local churches and see how they fit within your beliefs.   From what i understand lutheran and baptist are closer to catholism compared to other christian sects of religion.  There are hundreds of different religions or relgious followings.

vinalex0581
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM

i was thinking about calling different churchs and seeing what they have.

if i'm not mistaken, since my SO and I aren't married, I don't think that we would be accepted into a Catholic church.

idk......i could be wrong.  because they let my son get baptised at a catholic church and i was a single mom.

i guess the only sure way of knowing is if i call.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would go to your local churches and see how they fit within your beliefs.   From what i understand lutheran and baptist are closer to catholism compared to other christian sects of religion.  There are hundreds of different religions or relgious followings.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Pick a church and visit for a few Sundays. If you want a church that is very open and accepting, Unitarian Universalist comes to mind. its very popular with interfairh families. A few Sundays is important because you need to see if your family feels comfortable, and gives you time to ask questions .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)