Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 7 year old voluntarily pulls his pants down!! ***Caution: there's spanking involved so if you don't agree with spanking then don't read this***

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 36 Replies

when I tell him that I'm going to spank him and he knows that I'm serious because I have a serious look on my face. 

I'm not the type that will spank him everyday.

I spank him maybe 3 or 4 times a year, if that and not every year.

I don't make a habit out of it.

And sometimes he will cry (depends on how hard I spank him) other times he will hold back his tears, like he doesn't want me to see him cry.

He doesn't enjoy being spanked.

Is it normal for a 7 year old to voluntar to pull his pants down when I tell him I'm going to spank him?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slayerslegacy
by Shakespeare on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM
9 moms liked this
I don't understand why people spank kids with their pants down. It's fucking creepy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I would find a different type of punishment. He doesn't enjoy being spanked but it doesn't seem like its much of a punishment for him it wears off quickly.

My kids are scared of spanking they can go a year or more without one but some kids are just harder to crack.

Good luck.
daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
2 moms liked this

If that is your expectation and he knows he has to do it then no its not odd for him to do it.  But why?  if you feel that you have no other choice but to spank him, why does it have to be with his pants down?  At seven I think there are much more effective methods to discipline and teach lessons then spanking. 

Eadanu
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

First off let me say that in her title she says its about spanking and if you don't agree don't read it. She did not ask for you other "Ladies" to yell are her and call her creepy for spanking her child.

We spank...when we have to. It was getting to where we where spanking more than we wanted and we have now resorted to grounding him to his bed with no toys or tv. My 7yr old runs from us when we say we are going to spank him. We have to chase him down them spank him. It is not fun for either side. He has never offered to pull pants down or even bend over for the spanking. So if he started doing that to us we whould find it weird. But in your family if you expect him to pull his pants down for the spanking than it is fine for him to automaticly pull them down.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't think it's normal. You are passing your pervertedness  on to your son.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I didn't disagree with spanking...why were my replies removed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by Coolest person ever! on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
The spanking is your choice, but why pull his pants down? That's unnecessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't care if people spank their kids.   But him voluntarily pulling his pants down tells me a couple things:  first, that a spanking barely phases him and second, that you probably do it more than "3 or 4 times a year and not every year."  

Time for a new form of discipline!  Not because it's abuse, but because it appears to make no impact whatsoever.  My very defiant brother, who was spanked more than any of us because he acted up the most, used to do the same thing.  It was his way of showing he didn't give a shit about being spanked.  It prompted my mother to stop spanking altogether because she saw how dumb and ineffective it was.

Rhonda142
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM

LOL! Wow!

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

I don't think it's normal. You are passing your pervertedness  on to your son.

maureen813
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
As a clinical therapist working with children, I am very sad that parents still use spanking as a form of discipline, there are so many effective and respectful ways to teach and guide children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN