Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My mom has done it again *vent*

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 19 Replies
A little back story here,since my mom met and married my stepdad she forgot she has a daughter. Mind you I am her only child,yet everyone says she doesn't care about me as much as my step sisters.

A few weeks ago everyone got really sick in my house with a virus,there are like 9 people living in my house and my mom chooses to be a slave for them.( I don't care that she does everything for them)But it hurts when she treats me differently.

I have been soooo sick and I need rest,however I can't rest because I have to take dd to school,clean and cook. So I told her I was going to stay over for at least 2 days at her home until I feel better. She said fine,then she calls me a few minutes later saying."I'm sorry but u got the the flu and if u show up here u will get us sick" I'm to sick to argue so I said ok. This is where I get upset.my step sister had the flu and so did my niece and u know what my mom did for them? She told them to go stay at the house so she could take care of them but to me she tells me to stay away.I wasn't shock she did that but it still hurts everytime she screws me over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lala06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Have you told her how you feel ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I guess it is time to grow up and quit relying on her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM
She knows,and she knows all our family sees how she treats me. She just stays quiet about it.

Quoting Lala06:

Have you told her how you feel ?
kaylasmom22
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Oh I live far from her and don't rely on her to help me out. She was the one who mention to me about going there when I first got sick.

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

got2monsters
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM
3 moms liked this
thats sad, no one should ever have to grow up so much that they cant rely on their own mother. my kids could be fifty yrs old and id still wipe thier noses if they needed me to.

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicole1357
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, I know how this feels. I have learned there is really not much you can do about the way she treats you. Just move past it because you deserve better. Good luck momma.  

kaylasmom22
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM
I feel the same way about dd.

Quoting got2monsters:

thats sad, no one should ever have to grow up so much that they cant rely on their own mother. my kids could be fifty yrs old and id still wipe thier noses if they needed me to.

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

2cadifference
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry but you need to be a big girl, I would never call my mom and tell her I was sick and needed to come stay at her house. Keep your sickness at home! My parents love me to the moon and back BUT when I am sick or MY KIDS they are to stay away. Short of a parent needing care when ill with the flu you are on your own. It is time to grow up, life isn't fair and well neither is family...lord knows my parents are the only people on this earth in my family that give a shit when there isn't a dollar in it for them. I am not saying it to be mean BUT I am an only child and some of my friends are only children and not one of us is coddled when we are sick or down on our luck...we are told things will pass and we too will figure it out. I am sorry you feel the way you do BUT I don't get why people think it is okay to run home when you get sick, if I feel like death I want to feel like it in my own bed, in my own house and alone. 

Crazylovingfam
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM
My kids can always rely on me too but that said I was not saying it in a mean way. I grew up in foster care and had to learn to rely on myself instead of family.

Quoting got2monsters:

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Yeah,then how will u feel if they take your step sister in while she sick but send you away.? She was the one who suggested I stay over at first but I thought it wasn't going to be that bad. If she is going to ask me not to go there while I'm sick then she needs to do the same for everyone.by the way dd has been hospitalized 3 times,sick numerous times and not ounce has my mom come to visit her. However she will travel to the moon to go see my stepsister daughter when she is sick.

Quoting 2cadifference:

Sorry but you need to be a big girl, I would never call my mom and tell her I was sick and needed to come stay at her house. Keep your sickness at home! My parents love me to the moon and back BUT when I am sick or MY KIDS they are to stay away. Short of a parent needing care when ill with the flu you are on your own. It is time to grow up, life isn't fair and well neither is family...lord knows my parents are the only people on this earth in my family that give a shit when there isn't a dollar in it for them. I am not saying it to be mean BUT I am an only child and some of my friends are only children and not one of us is coddled when we are sick or down on our luck...we are told things will pass and we too will figure it out. I am sorry you feel the way you do BUT I don't get why people think it is okay to run home when you get sick, if I feel like death I want to feel like it in my own bed, in my own house and alone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN