Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help/opinions/thoughts needed.

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I realize I could post this in the pregnancy group, but I get sick of hearing "find a different OB/midwife" all the time, so I'm posting it here.

I will be 35 weeks tomorrow and baby girl is breech. I've been doing the moves on spinningbabies.com and we are having no luck whatsoever. This little girl has inherited her father's stubbornness. She hasn't moved at all.

At my appointment last week, my OB said they will do an external version at 39 weeks. If it works, I will be induced. If not, or baby is in distress, we will do a csection. I love my OB. He takes all my concerns seriously and is an awesome dr. I'm not going to change drs this late in my pregnancy - and there is only one other OB in the county, who I was seeing before and I hated him and switched to my current OB.

After talking to my aunt, who had an external version done, she suggested that I just schedule the csection. I'm scared shitless of having one, but its a very good possibility that I will need one if this baby doesn't flip on her own.

Should I go through with the external version and hope that it works? Should I just ask to schedule a csection? I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do. I guess I just want opinions. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Go through with the external version and see what happens.  Also, I wouldn't try to do it myself.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Go through the external version and hope it works, and then have a c-section if necessary. 

jenny198356
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Is this your first baby? If not try the external version. If it is baby #1, wait for the baby's time...most babies will turn on their own when they are ready...not on the doctors time.

mjande4
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Truthfully, I have had 3 c-sections and they were a piece of cake.  I would opt for those over the other method any day of the week.  You have to prepare for them, but outside of walking frequently after, no problem.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I would wait and see what happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Ride it out...a lot can happen in 4 weeks. Make a decision when there is one to be made, don't stress now.

MmySteph2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM
My youngest didn't flip from breech until I was almost 38 weeks. I was going crazy doing all these exercises and stuff. What worked was laying with my legs up, butt propped on a couple of pillows with an ice pack on my stomach where his head was. It took a couple of days but I felt him flip suddenly and violently lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
She is baby #3.

Quoting jenny198356:

Is this your first baby? If not try the external version. If it is baby #1, wait for the baby's time...most babies will turn on their own when they are ready...not on the doctors time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM

If you like and trust your doctor..IMHO, follow his advice.

You could also just ask him if it's OK to just skip the version...

Good luck.

SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:44 AM

"I  MAKE NO PROMISES", Try a remote or something that will aggravate her, place on TUMMY, AT TOP, and see if she will turn to kick it off, do this a couple of times a day and every-day.

As Large as she is....YOU WILL KNOW WHEN SHE TURNS, it will hurt like hell !!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)