Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is this something to be concerned about?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
Calling all cm doctors! (Or whoever can help me out). A few days ago, I woke up to a strangely sore neck. It hurts right where the spine meets the skull, and just above that on my head itself. I dismissed it at first as a result of a bad sleeping position, made friends with a heating pad and advil, and adjusted my pillow for more support for my neck the next night. Here it is, three days later, and the pain just is not going away. I will explain this as best as i can, but its hard to describe. I use a wheelchair, but have good mobility and can easily bend down to pick something off the floor. I did this a few minutes ago, and my hearing became muffled, my head instantly began hurting, and I could feel my pulse in my entire face. I slowly sat up and began breathing slowly and deeply to keep myself calm, and a minute later, the pain slowly went away. If I turn my head 'wrong', the throbbing starts again, sometimes to the point where I'm almost in tears. Anyone know what I can do to stop this on my own, or should a doctor be consulted? Thanks for your time!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gregsgrl04
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I would call your Dr asap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
umm.yeah
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

sounds like your sinuses are congested.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I agree, better to be safe.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Quoting gregsgrl04:

I would call your Dr asap

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I would call your dr. It could be a bad sinus infection (yes you have sinuses back there!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)