Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

AF and nursing PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I know that nursing can make AF stay away or be irregular for some. But I was wondering if your period can come back regular for a few months and then go away again. When I pumped for my DS, my period stayed away for the entire time. It was great!!! I pumped for 8 months with him. Well with my youngest DD that I am currently pumping for, AF came back after only 6 months. It has been completely regular for 3 months now, every 28 days I wake up with it. Except now. Yesterday morning I should have gotten it and nothing yet. Should I be concerned or even better, could she be gone again??? What's everyone's experiencs with this? Thanks ladies! Oh! And I'm normally a very regular person when I'm not pumping as well.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MyahsMom
by Heather on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I would take a pregnancy test to be sure.

Eta- I pumped for 8 months and had ny period like clockwork every 26 days from about 3 months on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Could you be pregnant . I got pregnant twice breastfeeding
Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Are you on a form of birth control?

If yes, then my bet is just normal AF abnormality due to nursing.  With my first, AF stayed away totally and completely until a couple months even after I stopped  nursing.  I had no period for 10 months.  But with my second child, it would come and go and be sort of weird and unpredictable for the entire 16 months I breastfed him.

MyahsMom
by Heather on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:45 PM
If I am pregnant then I am also going to play the lottery because we only did the deed one time and he pulled out!! I know, not always effective. But I would think the chances are pretty slim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:45 PM

bfing has never affected my period at all.

I would test.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
MyahsMom
by Heather on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM
No, I am not on any form of birth control. But like I said, I would drop my jaw if it happened based on the odds. I'm really hoping af has decided to take another nursing hiatus :)

Quoting Kmary:

Are you on a form of birth control?

If yes, then my bet is just normal AF abnormality due to nursing.  With my first, AF stayed away totally and completely until a couple months even after I stopped  nursing.  I had no period for 10 months.  But with my second child, it would come and go and be sort of weird and unpredictable for the entire 16 months I breastfed him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyahsMom
by Heather on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM
So still no AF. I am having DH pick up a test on his way home. I was going to give it a week but I decided that if I am I would rather just know now and if I'm not then I can stop worrying about it! Lol! Not sure yet if I will test tonight or just wait it out until morning to give it another full day to come. I will keep you posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM
My brother was a pull out baby. The pull out method is NOT effective. There is a thing called Pre-cum that is full of sperm too. Meaning he can get sperm in you BEFORE he ejaculates. If you are not pregnant and don't want to be I would suggest picking up some sort of birth control ASAP and stop using the pull out method.

Quoting MyahsMom:

If I am pregnant then I am also going to play the lottery because we only did the deed one time and he pulled out!! I know, not always effective. But I would think the chances are pretty slim.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)