Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I came across this video on YouTube...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you allow your Daughter to dance like this?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

Would you allow your Daughter to dance/dress like this? Even if it were for a competition?? ESPECIALLY at only age 7??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCDv0IorMQ

(I don't know how to do clicky links or post the video...so HOPEFULLY this worked...)

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
tifbrown
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Not the worst dancing I've seen for young kids, but along with the costumes it's too sexual. They could have done that with a little less booty popping and I would have been fine with it,

brookealexis
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah i have seen dancing like this on dance moms i think that it is fine but yeah the outfits are cuts but the girls could be covered more.

Quoting yezay:

The dancing seems ok for the most part but the outfits are questionable

TableforSeven
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

There is NO WAY my daughters would wear those outfits or dance like that......at ANY age!

brookealexis
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM

thats cool, everyone is defferent and should be able to raise thier child how the want. :)

LLbaby143
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Completely agree. Pageants , while cute and can lead to scholarships and other great things including moral values and positive self image, project the wrong idea to pedofiles who cannot help themselves.

Quoting tnkrbell860:

Totally agree....I really think it sends the wrong message...YES it is only dancing but...they are barely dressed and the style of dance as well...I feel the same way towards pagents too. All because there are WAY too many creepers nowadays

Quoting LLbaby143:

Bring on the pedofiles!

djenesis81
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:39 AM
3 moms liked this

No frickin way! 

My daughter is 11 and while playing Just Dance she will refuse to do half of those moves when they are in the dance for the game.  She goes "ew, that's gross" to the booty shaking, hip girating, and hand going down the body and won't do it.  Any child who was brought up to know what is appropriate or not will know that the dance is sexual and wrong and will refuse to do it and any parent who wants their daughter to have any self respect would have stood up and told the dance teacher that the dance was age inappropriate.

This last football season there was a team we played that had a halftime dance that was very inappropriate for little girls and my daughter came up to me and said that she was sure glad that our coaches were smart enough to not make them do nasty things like that.

I'm in no way a prude, but I am sure proud to say that I'm bringing up my daughter right.

boredmom47265
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:50 AM

I said no before even watching because of the outfits. I liked the ballett moves, but the rest is better for 23yo dancers...not 7.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM

yes, how are those outfitrs any different then bathing suits?

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

actuallymost pedos like girlswho look more innocent....

Quoting LLbaby143:

Bring on the pedofiles!

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Don't see the big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)