Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I know I'm probly just crazy but

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
Im 10weeks 4 days I was just using my fetal Doppler and was able to find the heart beat ! I had to pretty much suck in and hold my breath wile pushing down a little bit , I noticed that It seemed like I may have wet my pants after this . I was pushing on my bladder , but could I have caused my water to rupture ? I know this is probly really ridiculous . But what would that be like and would it be followed by cramping bleeding ect ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momyplease
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM
it would bee a lot of water . if it's busted. but if just leaking you should go to the er.
but I think you just let out dome urine. but I don't know go to the er. or call a emergency doctor line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Did it smell like urine or pickle juice?

Most people say, amniotic fluid smells like pickle juice.

Call your OB if your concerned.

SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM

If you did it will still be dripping, and dripping in the morning, this is highly unlikely.

Also, if still concerned sleep on LEFT SIDE..

funhappymom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Hi- it is possible but very unlikely to break your water. I would be very cautious about doing that again.

Indianamomto4
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM

At this stage the embryonic sac is very small (size of a peanut) so I doubt you would notice any leaking amniotic fluid at this stage. Babies are very well protected in the sac and I can't imagine that you could rupture your membranes by bearing down. Think of all the things that expectant moms do that do not harm their babies such as sex, and excercise as well as working and lifting. More than likely  you released  some urine from your bladder while pushing down. If you are truly concerned phone your OB

TableforSeven
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM

It is nearly impossible for you to do anything to hurt your baby/rupture your membranes at this early of a stage.  Pressing on your belly to use a doppler is certainly not going to be enough of an impact to do any damage.  Most likely you just pressed on your bladder and were so busy concentrating on hearing/not hearing a heartbeat that you didn't realize you peed until after and you felt wet.  I remember being worried about injuring my baby with an impact shortly after finding out I was pregnant with my first and what I said above is pretty much word-for-word what my OB told me.  If you have any cramping or bleeding -- call your doc....but aside from that, you are most likely fine.

Miss_wear
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Thanks for all the info , I noticed a wet spot on my shorts this morning not sure if I should be more worried , but I went ahead and called my ob and left a message , no bleeding or cramping so I feel like I'm just over reacting as usual .
2BRBgirlz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Better to be over-cautious than not cautious enough  

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I highly doubt it. This early on its pretty much impossible to break your water with something as simple as pushing too hard on it. At 15 weeks my doc was doing an ultrasound so my mom could see the baby while she was visiting. He was trying to see the sex and was pushing really hard. If there was any risk of hurting something he would not have pushed that hard. I think you are just being paranoid. But if you really thought your water had broken why did you get on cafemom? Why not go to the ER? I don't understand this mentality.
Miss_wear
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I'm pretty anxious in general and have had more than one crazy notion , have had 3 losses early miscarriages prior to this pregnancy . If every fear I had would go to the er I would be there once a week , my dr reassured me not to worry . So I'm trying to let this one go along with all the others I have had . It's nice to hear from others I'm just being paranoid .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN