Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When is a good time to pump?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
My baby is a week and two days old. I'm thinking of giving the pump a try to up my milk production. My boobs just don't feel that full. He is nursing every two hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Marimaru
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Your boobs may never feel full.  How many diapers are you changing in 24 hours?  That is your biggest clue as to whether or not he's getting enough.  Also, in another 2 weeks he's going to want to nurse non-stop because he'll be hitting his first growth spurt and will tell your body so this way.

That said, if you still want to pump, pump after he nurses.  You won't get much, but it'll prompt your body that more needs to be made.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM
He has about 10 diapers a day...sometimes more.

Quoting Marimaru:

Your boobs may never feel full.  How many diapers are you changing in 24 hours?  That is your biggest clue as to whether or not he's getting enough.  Also, in another 2 weeks he's going to want to nurse non-stop because he'll be hitting his first growth spurt and will tell your body so this way.

That said, if you still want to pump, pump after he nurses.  You won't get much, but it'll prompt your body that more needs to be made.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM

That's plenty then.  :)  You're doing good.

With my oldest who I nursed for 14 months, and my youngest who is 6 months old, I only ever felt 'full' if they weren't eating, like if they slept through the night on a fluke, or had a rough day because they were sick or something like that.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting Marimaru:

tansyflower
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

thats a seriously awesome dipe count....your supply is fine!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting Marimaru:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN