Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When did your kids stop taking naps?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 48 Replies
My 2.5 year old still needs a nap or else he's a mess by 5 o'clock. But I've been noticing he's not as tired or ready for a nap when nap time comes around. I've been trying to wear him out a little more in the mornings (its been hard lately, we live in mn and its been too cold to play outside) Everyone keeps warning me that he's going to stop taking naps soon and I feel like ill go crazy without my 2 hours to get my stuff done! So..when did your kids stop taking naps and how did you know it was the right time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inspain
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM

DD stopped around age four, almost five.

A_McCool
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM

They haven't.  My 3 year old still naps for about 1.5 hours every day.  My 6 year old still naps for about an hour most days.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

My son is four and he still takes a nap. He never wants to, but he still needs it to re-energize himself.

do11face
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

They were both 2.

I knew it was the right time because they wouldn't fall asleep, lol.
And getting them to bed at night when they actually did nap rarely meant a struggle at bed time. For me just skipping the nap and having an earlier bedtime was easier.

lisa601
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM
My oldest was 2. He just wouldn't fall asleep for a nap. Refused. My youngest was 3 1/2.
mommaslilmen
by Kimmy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Gabe is 4 and still needs at least a power nap (which he usually gets on the bus after school). Hunter is 6 and has days where he needs them too, but he stopped really taking them when school started this year. This past summer was hit or miss for him to actually sleep
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Hey I'm in MN too! My kids were almost 4
.Same with all my daycare kids.I don't make the older one's sleep, just lay down. They always end up sleeping...lol. It has been hard with the weather. I try to play physical games with them like my color pick.up game. We dump all the blocks everywhere and I tell them to bring me certain colors.We dance a lot too. Another trick I use is feeding them lunch right before sleepy time. I always make them a nice hot meal
LuvingMy3Girls
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM
All 3 of mine were about 2.5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boredmom47265
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Everyone likes a nap :) both around 3. Trick is to get them to help a little, your done sooner, and have a few to read a book

C8linVilla
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM

12 months with oldest, middle DD was 10 months and Bentley was 9 months. Its annoying! Because they are all up at 7am and they are in bed at 7pm but my oldest(4) if she even sleeps 10 min she will be up until 11-12. My now 2 yr old and noq 1 yr old wont sleep they litterally stare at the walls for an hour but wont sleep. but usually they are quiet so i guess i dont mind. but come 5pm all hell errupts because they are all so cranky! Hoping new baby will take naps until age 3-4 ike normal children lol Its not at all the right time for me. id love for them all to take naps until even 2.5 yrs! But sadly that is not the case. my sisters 5 year old and my moms 4 year old still take naps though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)