Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone else have redness on their cheeks/face??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hi!
I've had redness on my cheeks for a long time now. I noticed it when I was pregnant with my first. (Hell be 6 in two weeks) an it hasn't gone away. :/
I also have a two year old now.

Did this happen to anyone else?
I can post a pic if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about.

I hate it! I've tried many different foundations and I can't cover it. It's frustrating
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess821
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rebecca204
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM

i have redness all over my chin! its flaky and itchy , This is the first time i've ever had this on my face. I am 26 weeks pregnant . it started off in late november and has spread covering mostly all my chin, i can't hide it and its so embarrassing! everyone always stares at me whenever i go out. been to the dermatologist and they diagnosed me with something called perioral dermatitis. ive tried different antibiotics and oinments but still not gone. they tell me i have to wait til baby is born to prescribe stronger meds. hope you can figure out why youre having redness! i know how frustrating it can be especially when you have it on your face for all the world to see! hope it gets better for you!

Jess821
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I get very tiny little bumps once in a while and it'll itch. That's one or two every blue moon. I googled it and others are far worse. Big bumps and lots of it itching. I guess I should feel a little lucky :/

I haven't been to a dermatologist. I may look for one in my area.

My redness started during my first pregnancy and it just hasn't gone away.

I saw a commercial for a cream called Proacea. It is for roacea (sp?) I don't know what I have but I'm thinking of buying some and seeing what happens lol

Quoting Rebecca204:

i have redness all over my chin! its flaky and itchy , This is the first time i've ever had this on my face. I am 26 weeks pregnant . it started off in late november and has spread covering mostly all my chin, i can't hide it and its so embarrassing! everyone always stares at me whenever i go out. been to the dermatologist and they diagnosed me with something called perioral dermatitis. ive tried different antibiotics and oinments but still not gone. they tell me i have to wait til baby is born to prescribe stronger meds. hope you can figure out why youre having redness! i know how frustrating it can be especially when you have it on your face for all the world to see! hope it gets better for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM

my face is really dry and my cheeks are red and i get these little bumps kinda too small to be pimples they don't hurt or itch though. I have autoimmune problems and my dr said that could be the problem. I'm thinking of going to see a dermatologist soon.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM

go to the dr and get a steroid creme its rosacea

Jess821
by Jessica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Is it? I've googles rosacea and those pics are much worse than mine. I don't get those huge bumps.

I'm going to have to go anyway. It sucks

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Yep, rosacea.  I have it, inherited it from my mom.  I never even wear blush because...why bother?  I'm already red.

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I don't either, I just have looks like my cheeks are red,blotchy looking sometimes worse than other and i have some under my lips near my chin, they are like hot spots.

Dr checked them out said it was rasacea gave me a cream, and I use it to keep flare ups down.

There is no real "cure" just means to stop the inflamation.

Quoting Jess821:

Is it? I've googles rosacea and those pics are much worse than mine. I don't get those huge bumps.

I'm going to have to go anyway. It sucks

Quoting FooLynRoo:

mommaslilmen
by Kimmy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Sounds like rosacha or something like it. I would go see a skin dr
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Im having a good week, but if you look close you can see it on my cheeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)