Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My husband doesn't trust me, he is beyond jealous!

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband doesn't trust me. He has been cheated on before and thinks I'll cheat on him if he doesn't protect me from other men? He demands to have all my passwords to everything. I can't go to the gym alone, I am not to work where there are a lot of men. ETC. I have proved myself time and time again. I can't take it anymore! I have kept things from him because I was afraid of him overreacting so I am at fault as well. Can a relationship really last without trust??

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Replies (41-42):
Marimaru
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM

What does he say when you ask him that?

Quoting cherryblsm1:

He was NOT like this while we were dating... :( he loved everything about who I was. If it was good enough then why is it not enough now?

Quoting Arwyn724:

Whether it's trust or control, was he like this before you married him?  If so, what made you think he'd change?  If he wasn't like this before, then he needs to get some help for his issues (these are not you're doing).  If he doesn't I'd seriously consider if a life like that is worth it.

chazzamatazz
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:02 PM

He's controlling and abusive - look up the power and control wheel. 

He cheated on you but wants to have power over you so that you can neither cheat on him or move on from him. It is not simple jealousy - this man has a one-sided relationship with you. He has no right to tell you where you can and can not work.

I would get out of this relationship ASAP - in fact, I had an ex just like that and did get away from him. You deserve better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN