Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

That B**** called CPS

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 119 Replies

2nd Edit-  I'm even more confused now then I was before.  Spoke with the school the nurse and the principal and asst principal.  According to them the report came from students.  They told me that several students told someone they wouldn't name who saying that tori smelled.  Not a single thing has ever been said to tori by a student.  A cpl of years ago when they called cps the first time. Right after that my sons teacher started having issues with my son.  she claimed that he broke her marker. then a day or two later she accused him of telling her "fuck you" she never heard him say it but another student heard it supposedly. A cpl of days after that she caught him doing math homework in class and she went off the deep end.  At the time the teacher was dealing with rumors of sexual misconduct between her son who had visited the class several times and one of her students.  I'm sure she was under a lot of stress. We had a very civil conversation.  All the issues she was having with my son she never called me. I got the info from him.  we agreed she would call me to talk to me if any future issues showed up.  They never did.  FF to two days ago.  during math class her teacher decided to call my dd a cheater in front of everyone.  The teacher has not spoken with me on the issue so i don't know her side.  But according to my dd she had gotten the question wrong. the teacher then went over the example and said out loud the correct answer and my dd put it next to her wrong answer. the teacher saw the correct answer and asked her how she got it. she said you just told me. she then told her no you cheated off of Christians paper.  I know  my kid is not a cheater or a liar  but on the off chance she would why would she tell me about it.  She knows the teacher did not call me.  that resulted in several kids giving her the cold shoulder telling her they don't like cheaters.  The next day she pulled my dd into the hall and again accused her of cheating.this was while going over homework. When she said she didn't cheat  the teacher then told her that her lies are going to get her caught.   Once again i got this info from my dd and not the teacher. she knows I'm going to contact her teacher on the matter in fact she asked me to.  After pulling her into the hall the teacher had her re do some of the math questions from the homework.  what she supposedly cheated on.  She got them all correct except for one.  It was the one that she had trouble with on the homework and I helped her with.  I know for a fact she didnt cheat with the homework because i went over every answer.  I know she got them all right.  Its probably coincidence but its odd that right after a cps call they have trouble with my kid.  I spoke with the lady from cps and we are going to have a confrence with the school, myself and cps present next week.  Its probably the best option since i'm more likely to keep myself in check with cps there.  Depending on how the meeting goes i'm going to let them finish their investigation and when it comes back unfounded  I'm going to take it to the next level.  This way I"ll have 2  unfounded cases rather than 1 pending. My husbands uncle was a big time corporate attorney. He passed away a few years ago but he had alot of friends. So i called my dh's aunt and asked her for the name of a good attorney that would be willing to help.  she also has friends at the board of Ed so she's going to find out the right person for me to contact there.  I don't want to sue but I'm not going to take this lying down either.

Edit- It turns out i'm not the only one that the school is cps happy with.  I know several of my neigbors that have had to deal with CPS.  4 families just in my building that I know of.  I talked with 3 of them and it was the school that has called on them more than once. They all told me that each time was unfounded.  I'm not really sure what to do with this information.

OMG i'm going to rip this woman a new one.    I've had issues with the nurse from my kids school for 5 years. This is her 2nd attempt at calling CPS. Last time it was unfounded.  She called to tell them that my kids kept getting lice and that I was not doing anything about it. I proved otherwise.  There have been a million and one things that have pissed me off over the last few  years.  this time she called to say that my daughter is going to school Dirty and smelling really foul.  She showed up a few mins before my dd arrived home from school.  She told me it was the school but then recanted telling me she couldn't say who it was.    I'm was still talking to her when my daughter gets home from school.  So she asked if she could smell my dd and her coat.  she did and admitted her clothes smell really nice.  I use gain detergent and a good fabric softener with febreze.  So then my dd tells us about the conversation she had with the guidance counselor today.  This woman told her that she stunk and that she'll give me Soap and go with me to do the laundry.   She told my dd that she didn't believe that she showers every morning.  Which she does.  The CPS lady was in shock that she told all this to a 10 year old a nd not me.  I asked her if it would be a problem if I have a word with the school tomorrow and she said it was fine, just not to get arrested.  She's going to be calling them herself tomorrow.   OMG I'm about to make their lives a living nightmare.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM
7 moms liked this

i would have her job

i would tell the school to either fire her or take her to court for slander and sue the school also

boredmom47265
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM

GO GETTEM!!! I've had cps up my butt allot too because of my dd's, or my ex in laws. Even if your daughter did stink (some kids do) I'm sure in this day there are other kids in your dd's school that need it more. Give em hell mama!

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
4 moms liked this

I am a teacher, so I don't say this lightly. Have her ass fired! There is no reason to try and hurt your child over a personality conflict between the two of you.

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM

WOA, why would the nurse and counselor act this way to with your daughter?

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
4 moms liked this
I always find these stories hard to believe. I'm a teacher and I would have no time to call CPs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Wow.

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM

What, what, what, what??!!! OMG HOW DARE THEY!!! Who would say that to a child anyway? Take it up with the parent...not the child...wow

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting boredmom47265:

GO GETTEM!!! I've had cps up my butt allot too because of my dd's, or my ex in laws. Even if your daughter did stink (some kids do) I'm sure in this day there are other kids in your dd's school that need it more. Give em hell mama!

They are saying she smells like cat.  They called me a week ago to tell me this and when i got the call i was polite. Because if she did I would want to know. But i checked her that day and she didnt.  But I double check her clothes every day and she already showers every day.  She wears deodorant. 

I already have a plan in place that CPS helped me make last time that my dd is not allowed alone with the nurse.    They are going to be really sorry.

christina0607
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Didn't you post yesterday saying your daughter refuses to shower?

You seem to have a lot of school related issues. 

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Is she talking to the right mom? It's possible it could be a mistaken identity. I used to pick up my niece up from school when she was in pre-kinder and one day I got a call from the school saying "You're daughter is still here at school! Are you coming to pick her up?" I told them "No, I have her right here with me." My niece and I were already home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)