Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am worried about dd shes upset!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

We found out a week ago that she needs leg braces and we dont know for how long and to much more as to why just yet and shes needing pt on top of speech that she already does.. shes pretty upset about it all and she asking how is she gonna do her ju jituz and other activities... i dont knw what to say to her i tried to tell her it would be okay but shes almost 6 so shes upset and also afraid of getting picked on as thats already an issue 

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Does her instructor know about it yet?  Perhaps they can talk to her about the next step on her lessons.   She will be a strong young woman once she overcomes these challenges.  Why is she getting picked on?

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I would tell her to start writing questions for her doctor in a notebook. That way if she has any fears, the doctor can go over them with her and explain things.

Photobucket

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Why does she need leg braces (if you don't mind me asking)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM
This is a good idea. I would also research famous people/athletes who have had to overcome obstacles like hers so she can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

When we were considering meds for DS's ADHD diagnosis he was very upset. I Googled excerpts from Michael Phelps'autobiography where he described his ADHD and experience with Ritalin. We didn't put DS on the meds but he felt a lot better after reading Micheal Phelps' story. It might help DD.

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

I would tell her to start writing questions for her doctor in a notebook. That way if she has any fears, the doctor can go over them with her and explain things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)