Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Car Seat Question

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

I'm wanting to get new car seats for both of my children. They are 4 and 5. I want to harness as long as possible. Right now they are in the Graco Nautilus. I was thinking of the Britax Frontier 85. I'm just wondering what would be the best car seat, without spending a fortune. My car is small too so I was also wondering how well two of them will fit in the back seat. Sorry I'm kind of rambling lol. Thanks!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaGreenhalge
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM
The frontier is the longest harnessing seat, with a top harness height of 20". I personally can't afford one of thoseamuch less two, and I hear they're kind of big. So I would go with the Evenflo Securekid. top harness height of 18" harnesses to 65lbs, and turns into adecent booster.. Andnd more affordable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMia22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM
it depends on your budget, how tall the kids are, what car you have, and how many other seats are back there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistie900
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM

We are buying them with our income taxes, otherwise I would probably not get them. My daughter is kind of tall and already weighs about 55 lbs. Do you think it would be worth it to buy another car seat that only harnesses to 65 lbs? I just don't want to waste money, you know what I mean?

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

The frontier is the longest harnessing seat, with a top harness height of 20". I personally can't afford one of thoseamuch less two, and I hear they're kind of big. So I would go with the Evenflo Securekid. top harness height of 18" harnesses to 65lbs, and turns into adecent booster.. Andnd more affordable.

mistie900
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM

My DD is fairly tall for her age (not sure the exact height) and weighs about 55 lbs. My son is about average height for a 4 year old and about 42-45 lbs. I have a Scion XA. It is very small. There will only be the two car seats in the back.

Quoting MissMia22:

it depends on your budget, how tall the kids are, what car you have, and how many other seats are back there

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM
The Frontier is an awesome seat and if you can afford it, its worth every penny. I love mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMia22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM
If it is only the 2 seats and you can afford it I would get the frontiers depending on how long you plan to harness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistie900
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Are they really big? And I have heard you can't use the seat belt to strap them in? Do you have to use the latch system?

Quoting MommyBoha:

The Frontier is an awesome seat and if you can afford it, its worth every penny. I love mine

mistie900
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I plan to harness as long as possible.

Quoting MissMia22:

If it is only the 2 seats and you can afford it I would get the frontiers depending on how long you plan to harness.

MissMia22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Then go for it :) I have one for ds since he maxed out his rf seat at 2y9m lol he has a ton of growing room in it still and he is an average/tallish 4 year old :)

Quoting mistie900:

I plan to harness as long as possible.

Quoting MissMia22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM
You can use the seatbelt. Latch has weight limits and with your kids you will need to use the seatbelt to install it. Ive only installed mine with a seatbelt, never latch. They are bulky seats, but so worth it. Do you have a babies r us near you?

Quoting mistie900:

Are they really big? And I have heard you can't use the seat belt to strap them in? Do you have to use the latch system?

Quoting MommyBoha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)