Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Calling all you Seattle mama's

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

What are some awesome places to visit or restaurants to go to in Seattle? 

I'm spending a week in Seattle. Driving up there by my self. Hope I don't get lost on the way >_

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM

The Space Needle.  Pike Place Market

elly25
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I plan on going to both of those place.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

The Space Needle.  Pike Place Market

serious22
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM
It depends on where you plan to stay. Do you plan to go out of the downtown area? There is the Ballard Locks to watch the samon ladder and the boats transition from saltwater to fresh, kids love watching this.It is not far from downtown.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Are you taking kids or will it just be you? If you have the kids then there is the science center which is near the children's museum that is pretty awesome. I love eating at the spaghetti factory. Hmm... It's hard to think of places. And I've lived here my whole life. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elly25
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I do have two children, but I'm not taking them with me. I'm going alone and staying with a friend. Little nervous about it too. I've never left my children for more then over night. A couple times. We'll see how it goes. I'll be by my self during the day; few days. To find my own entertainment while my friend is at work.

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Are you taking kids or will it just be you? If you have the kids then there is the science center which is near the children's museum that is pretty awesome. I love eating at the spaghetti factory. Hmm... It's hard to think of places. And I've lived here my whole life. Lol.

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I visited Seattle last July for my best friend's wedding--we did the Ducky Tour, it was AWESOME. Try to get the swedish guy (or Norwegian, I forget which--he's an older guy, VERY FUNNY!)

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Ohhhh there is so much to due up here. However it really depends on what area you are staying in. Such as Downtown, on the Eastside, Northend or Southend.

If you'd like things narrowed down to a certain area just PM me an I'll give ya a list.

elly25
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I don't know yet. I'm going to ask him tonight. I've been so nervous about leaving for a week, connecting with buddies that live up there, and driving up there alone. I forgot to ask him his exact address. I feel like a goober.

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

Ohhhh there is so much to due up here. However it really depends on what area you are staying in. Such as Downtown, on the Eastside, Northend or Southend.

If you'd like things narrowed down to a certain area just PM me an I'll give ya a list.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Well find out what city then I can narrow it down for ya to other things other than Pike Place and the Needle.

I can tell you if your a Twilight Fan and don't mind a drive then go over to Forks where a good portion of the Twilight series was filmed. I will tell you be prepared for rain no matter where you go. I personally haven't gone on any of the tours they do but then again I spent a lot of summers growing up in that area.

We're hoovering in the upper 40's during the day and mid 30's at night. With some drizzle days.

Quoting elly25:

I don't know yet. I'm going to ask him tonight. I've been so nervous about leaving for a week, connecting with buddies that live up there, and driving up there alone. I forgot to ask him his exact address. I feel like a goober.

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

elly25
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Not a fan of the Twilight. More of a Fifty Shades of Gray or Eragon kind of gal. It rains all the time where I live now. I'll be going on the 15th and will be there until the 22nd.

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

Well find out what city then I can narrow it down for ya to other things other than Pike Place and the Needle.

I can tell you if your a Twilight Fan and don't mind a drive then go over to Forks where a good portion of the Twilight series was filmed. I will tell you be prepared for rain no matter where you go. I personally haven't gone on any of the tours they do but then again I spent a lot of summers growing up in that area.

We're hoovering in the upper 40's during the day and mid 30's at night. With some drizzle days.

Quoting elly25:

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN