Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Things kids do or say that make you feel old...

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

I was looking something up on whitepages.com tonight and my daughter (11 yrs old) says to me "Hey, wait a minute, you mean they only have caucasian people on there?"  I think she was a bit offended because she's half mexican but in the middle of busting up laughing I explained to her what white pages and yellow pages are and then she started laughing at herself too.

It made me feel so old to think that the her generation doesn't even know what an actual physical phone book is.  What's something that your kids have said or done that made you go "omg, I feel old now"?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM

DD knows what one is since we still use it quite frequently in our household.  DD is 6 so we havent reached the old stage yet  LOL.

djenesis81
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM
When my youngest saw an old corded telephone at my MIL's house, she asked if the cord was so you don't lose the part you talk into. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM

My kids are old enough to really get into retro/vintage, so everything I grew up with is now cool to them, win-win.

Arwyn 724 

Love2Cuddle
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM

When we ask our  boys how old they think we are... the 3 yr old says," Mommy is 100 years old!" LOL He's learning his numbers. 

pasteeater
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I've got a good one!  How about when my daughter told me she was pregnant?  Not enough?  How about when she told me last month for the fourth time?  LOL

pasteeater
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I got another one.  How about when my son told me he's moving to Africa and actually did it!?  He's in the Navy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN