Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thank you, McDonald's, for endangering my child's life with your carelessness!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 141 Replies

I went to get some breakfast this morning, and got the boys all set up in their chairs ready to eat. I went to step out of the room for a brief moment and as i was leaving i heard Benjamin, my 16 month old, start gagging. I looked up and his face was red, and he was choking, so I rushed to his side, and had to shove my fingers down his throat and make him vomit. Up comes half chewed, slobbery McMuffin, and A FUCKING CHUNK OF PLASTIC!!!!!!!! My one year old has respiratory issues and gets choked up very easily, i cant stand to think of what could have happened if i hadnt caught it in time!!! I am LIVID, and literally STILL shaking an hour later. I called the cooperate office via the advice of my brother inlaw (a police officer) and they are supposed to forward the information to the franchisers office, and have someone contact me. I also called my lawyers office and spoke with her paralegal about the incident. I am not one to raise a big stink over things, but People need to know about this carelessness. I work food service and i know first hand the ONLY excuse for something like this is not caring enough to pay attention!!! It does not take long to LOOK at what you are doing or make sure you got the wrapper off of something when you KNOW it is going in to the hands of the public. My child could have been seriously injured or worse because of this!!!!!!!!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loisl25
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow! I'm so sorry! I've gotten e-coli poisioning TWICE from MacDonald's because of how they let those burgers sit for hours under the heat lamps. My brother has also gotten e-coli poisioning from there. I didn't eat there again for YEARS after the first time, but one day I was working at the hair salon inside Wal Mart, and the only restaraunt i could go to in my short break was the MacDonald's in the Wal Mart, and so I risked it and ate there, and whaddaya know, got food poisioning AGAIN! I'm not a big fan of them.

britadams10
Report
This is the good life!
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

you should sue!!! that is beyond terrifying!

Risley_Six
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM

 I called my lawyers office, and she is in court today but her paralegal is going to have her call me back about my options. I could barely even keep my composure to explain what happened, it really was scary!!!

Quoting britadams10:

you should sue!!! that is beyond terrifying!


 

Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:02 PM
6 moms liked this
Thats aweful. NEVER force someone to vomit while choking or do a blind sweep, you could have made the situation worse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
britadams10
Report
This is the good life!
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

well i hope you bleed them dry because that is just a blatant disrespect for anyone that eats there. i personally hate mcdonalds for  fact that no matter what area i am in, they are all idiots!

Risley_Six
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM
4 moms liked this

 

I panicked and did the best i could in an emergency situation. i have no regrets, as NOT making him throw it up could have seriously harmed him. He was choking and i did what my instincts told me to do.


Quoting Schauseil:

Thats aweful. NEVER force someone to vomit while choking or do a blind sweep, you could have made the situation worse.


 

amanda357
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Where was the plastic? In the mcmuffin?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_3.0
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM
6 moms liked this
If he was choking, the piece would be lodged in his trachea. When you vomit, your stomach contents come up through your esophagus. Not seeing how making him vomit would release the piece. In fact, I can only see it making things worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
this exactly...thankgoodness you were there

Quoting britadams10:

you should sue!!! that is beyond terrifying!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Risley_Six
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

 he was gagging, i shoved my fingers in his mouth and made him puke, and mcmuffin and plastic came out. maybe i shouldnt have gagged him but i acted before i thought. i cant believe people are actually criticizing me as if , as a mother, you have never acted on instinct. he had not fully swallowed his food, it was still lodged in his throat, so it all came up when he gagged hard. Then the contents of his stomach followed suit and we had a nice, milky, mcmuffiny mess all over the highchair, if you must know the details.


Quoting mom_3.0:

If he was choking, the piece would be lodged in his trachea. When you vomit, your stomach contents come up through your esophagus. Not seeing how making him vomit would release the piece. In fact, I can only see it making things worse.


 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)