Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thank you, McDonald's, for endangering my child's life with your carelessness!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I went to get some breakfast this morning, and got the boys all set up in their chairs ready to eat. I went to step out of the room for a brief moment and as i was leaving i heard Benjamin, my 16 month old, start gagging. I looked up and his face was red, and he was choking, so I rushed to his side, and had to shove my fingers down his throat and make him vomit. Up comes half chewed, slobbery McMuffin, and A FUCKING CHUNK OF PLASTIC!!!!!!!! My one year old has respiratory issues and gets choked up very easily, i cant stand to think of what could have happened if i hadnt caught it in time!!! I am LIVID, and literally STILL shaking an hour later. I called the cooperate office via the advice of my brother inlaw (a police officer) and they are supposed to forward the information to the franchisers office, and have someone contact me. I also called my lawyers office and spoke with her paralegal about the incident. I am not one to raise a big stink over things, but People need to know about this carelessness. I work food service and i know first hand the ONLY excuse for something like this is not caring enough to pay attention!!! It does not take long to LOOK at what you are doing or make sure you got the wrapper off of something when you KNOW it is going in to the hands of the public. My child could have been seriously injured or worse because of this!!!!!!!!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (131-140):
meka26
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Wow, i'm glad he is ok. I usually let dd eat her chicken nuggets in the car. For some reason I decided to wait until I got home that day. DD's nuggets had black slimy stuff on it. I knew that it was grease and dirt. They had been dropped on the floor. I only know b/c I worked fast food for years. I have saw it happen plenty times. I no longer buy nuggets from there.

Mom24munchkins
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I can't imagine giving a 16month old a giant sandwhich un cut, especially from mcdonalds.


Quoting kitty8199:

She didn't cut it up obviously



Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Honestly, if its such a huge plastic chunck and he chokes so easy....why didn't you notice it when you cut up his mcmuffin? Sueing seems like overkill. Complain, be more careful (ie cut up the toddlers food) and don't eat at mcdonalds.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM
These were my first thoughts too.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I am glad your son is okay,

Im sorry he had plastic in his food

but why would you leave a 1.5 year old with respitory issues unfettered access to a huge hunk of mcmuffin?

dont you break up his food? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
She can't win. Nothing happened. Something could have, but it didn't. Your can't sue in a what if.
That's the point. Not to mention she left a 16 month old alone without cutting up his food, when he has known issues.
Lawsuits look at negligence. What McDonalds did (if it can even be proven it was from there), was an accident.
She was negligent in not supervising her child while eating.

Zero chance of winning a lawsuit


Quoting LoveOfSign:

wow... I find it scary that women.. PARENTS on here are saying "Suing seems like overkill" "it's no big deal"... Screw that it was a mcmuffin.. forget that.. what if her child had died?! THEN would it be a big deal?!

So if I said "OMG my child almost got hit by a car that came across my lawn!"... it's no big deal since he wasn't hit right? screw careless driving?

"O hey McDonald's.. you ALMOST killed my child.. but it's ok since he's still alive"... who cares if she wins a lawsuit or not maybe a lawsuit will get them to give a damn about who they may hurt with their carelessness!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyDiamond927
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Wow, I'm so sorry.  I know that was very scary.  Thank goodness you were able to get it out. That's terrible.

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM

 i am glad your son is ok.. but with him having issues already you may want to look into getting trained in cpr. it covers what to do when someone is choking and will hlp you from panicing.

As far as mcdonals--remember you are doing the right thing by contacting the cooperate, but have you contacted the store to alert them to the problem so maybe they can prevent it from happening to someone else?

DieselsMom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

First, why was your son taking bites so big that he didn't notice that? second, NEVER put your finger down the throat of someone choking, third, you endangered his life more by not looking at his food, and taking him to McDonalds in the first place!!!

kimberly161
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Quoting SteelCityMom:

Well said. I agree. No love for her at all here ,poor gal.
romanceparty4u
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM

if you only knew what that garbage was made of, you wouldn't be a bit upset about the plastic. At least you could identify that mess.

yezay
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

 Yes Mcdonald's made a major mistake but seriously you leave the room while your 16 month old is eating??  Knowing that he frequently has issues and chokes??  Also have you ever taken CPR because you probably should.  Never stick your fingers in the mouth of someone who is choking you don't know if you could have lodged the food in there and created a bigger problem!!  I'm going to have night mares after reading this!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)