Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thank you, McDonald's, for endangering my child's life with your carelessness!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I went to get some breakfast this morning, and got the boys all set up in their chairs ready to eat. I went to step out of the room for a brief moment and as i was leaving i heard Benjamin, my 16 month old, start gagging. I looked up and his face was red, and he was choking, so I rushed to his side, and had to shove my fingers down his throat and make him vomit. Up comes half chewed, slobbery McMuffin, and A FUCKING CHUNK OF PLASTIC!!!!!!!! My one year old has respiratory issues and gets choked up very easily, i cant stand to think of what could have happened if i hadnt caught it in time!!! I am LIVID, and literally STILL shaking an hour later. I called the cooperate office via the advice of my brother inlaw (a police officer) and they are supposed to forward the information to the franchisers office, and have someone contact me. I also called my lawyers office and spoke with her paralegal about the incident. I am not one to raise a big stink over things, but People need to know about this carelessness. I work food service and i know first hand the ONLY excuse for something like this is not caring enough to pay attention!!! It does not take long to LOOK at what you are doing or make sure you got the wrapper off of something when you KNOW it is going in to the hands of the public. My child could have been seriously injured or worse because of this!!!!!!!!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
Zawifey
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:12 PM

What the heck is that anyway? Just a random piece of plastic?

Anyway, I'm glad your LO is ok. I would be pissed too.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

this

Quoting becky.riley:

That's exactly what I was thinking. That and calling a lawyer is a bit extreme.

Quoting Arwyn724:

I'm going to be the bad guy, but...

a) it's McDonalds, do your kids really need McMuffins?

b) minimum pay workers do not have the same concerns with the quality of service, it's McDonalds

c) I never put food in front of a child (especially ones young enough to be in high chairs) without thoroughly checking it, after all, it's McDonalds

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

it looks like a tip of a plastic glove they were for your protection

again check your childrens food before you hand it to them

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

you shoved your fingers down his throat? Wow you need some serious parenting classes. Plus why are you feeding your one year old MCD anyway?

As for the plastic, I would call and complain but IMO its stupid to sue.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM
5 moms liked this

Accidents happen. Thats why you should always look over a very small childs food if it was purchased cooked and why you should never leave a 16 month old alone when eating, stay in the room next time, especially if he chokes easily. Report what happened to make them aware.

momma0ffive
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM
3 moms liked this
he's only one.....

Quoting amanda357:

Lol what is wrong with it?

Quoting momma0ffive:

glad he is ok, but why is a one year old eating a Mcmuffin

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Plastic in the food isn't even a big concern for me as far as reasons why I won't eat fast food go.  That should tell you how much I don't like fast food.  LOL  You should boycott it,  you won't be alone  ;-)  I'm sorry that happened though and I hope your boy is ok.

Mrs.Winchester
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this

So you're saying that it's no big deal that a piece of plastic was in her child's food because the people are paid minimum wage and the company has a reputation for serving crap food?  Wow,  raise your standards a bit.  What if her son had choked and died,  would you still be singing the same tune?  Or you just think she's over-reacting because that didn't happen?

Quoting silverdawn99:

this

Quoting becky.riley:

Quoting Arwyn724:

b) minimum pay workers do not have the same concerns with the quality of service, it's McDonalds

c) I never put food in front of a child (especially ones young enough to be in high chairs) without thoroughly checking it, after all, it's McDonalds

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to agree with this.  I always checked my kids food before letting them have it.  I got into the habit even for myself from the time that I was a teen and went to eat an english muffin and it had a large piece of metal in it. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

Arwyn724
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM

No, that's not what I'm saying at all.  I've already had a convo with the OP, but to answer you:

I never said it was 'no big deal' - those are your words.  I said I do not expect better from them, and that is experience talking.  The company does have a reputation for serving crap food, and my standards are pretty high, which is why I don't eat there.

I do not think she was over-reacting, and of course I do not want her child to die, I said I'd take more responsibility in checking my children's food if I choose to eat there.

I actually agreed with the OP in other replies, but way to jump in without the whole story and have an opinion.  CM at its finest.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

So you're saying that it's no big deal that a piece of plastic was in her child's food because the people are paid minimum wage and the company has a reputation for serving crap food?  Wow,  raise your standards a bit.  What if her son had choked and died,  would you still be singing the same tune?  Or you just think she's over-reacting because that didn't happen?

Quoting silverdawn99:

this

Quoting becky.riley:

Quoting Arwyn724:

Arwyn 724 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)