Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thank you, McDonald's, for endangering my child's life with your carelessness!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I went to get some breakfast this morning, and got the boys all set up in their chairs ready to eat. I went to step out of the room for a brief moment and as i was leaving i heard Benjamin, my 16 month old, start gagging. I looked up and his face was red, and he was choking, so I rushed to his side, and had to shove my fingers down his throat and make him vomit. Up comes half chewed, slobbery McMuffin, and A FUCKING CHUNK OF PLASTIC!!!!!!!! My one year old has respiratory issues and gets choked up very easily, i cant stand to think of what could have happened if i hadnt caught it in time!!! I am LIVID, and literally STILL shaking an hour later. I called the cooperate office via the advice of my brother inlaw (a police officer) and they are supposed to forward the information to the franchisers office, and have someone contact me. I also called my lawyers office and spoke with her paralegal about the incident. I am not one to raise a big stink over things, but People need to know about this carelessness. I work food service and i know first hand the ONLY excuse for something like this is not caring enough to pay attention!!! It does not take long to LOOK at what you are doing or make sure you got the wrapper off of something when you KNOW it is going in to the hands of the public. My child could have been seriously injured or worse because of this!!!!!!!!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Glad your son is ok.

I would have spoken to the manager in the store right when it happened.  I would only have called corporate if I felt the manager at the store brushed me off.  And I think calling a lawyer is WAY over the top.

AliIzzyMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I see no case here. Glad your child is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Scary! Glad he is ok

AliIzzyMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I am curious why you called an attorney in the first place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WalkingDeadlove
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this
This. I'm sorry that happened and I'm glad your little one is ok but just as the fast food worker was careless so were you.

Quoting Arwyn724:

I'm going to be the bad guy, but...

a) it's McDonalds, do your kids really need McMuffins?

b) minimum pay workers do not have the same concerns with the quality of service, it's McDonalds

c) I never put food in front of a child (especially ones young enough to be in high chairs) without thoroughly checking it, after all, it's McDonalds

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I  got as far as "16 month old" and wondered why he'd be eating a McMuffin.

And, yeah, I've gotta wonder too why you'd call a lawyer so quickly.  I'd be pissed, but I'd take it up with the store manager before I'd consider escalating this further.  Unless, of course I was wanting something bigger than an apology, a promise to be more careful and a free McMuffin...

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM
3 moms liked this

I had to laugh at quality being the number one concern, in regards to fast food. Hahaha

Also, you took your kids to McFatties. You can't really expect high quality food but mistakes happen and trying to sue over a piece of plastic being left on a piece of plastic is absurd. Think of it as lesson learned and don't eat at McFatties again OR make sure you check your child's food before letting him have it and don't leave your child, whom has respiratory issues, alone with food again.

Quoting Risley_Six:

We seriously, never do fast food. I got a brand new vehicle yesterday and wanted an excuse to drive it lol and was like "ooohh,, i can go through drivethrus now!" because the window in my old van doesnt roll down. I myself work at a subway, and quality is our number one concern. Granted, we are much smaller than mcdonalds, with only 9 or 10 employees, and not as busy, but it is not hard to just pay attention to what you are doing, its really just common sense.

Quoting Arwyn724:

I'm going to be the bad guy, but...

a) it's McDonalds, do your kids really need McMuffins?

b) minimum pay workers do not have the same concerns with the quality of service, it's McDonalds

c) I never put food in front of a child (especially ones young enough to be in high chairs) without thoroughly checking it, after all, it's McDonalds

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM
4 moms liked this

I am glad your son is okay,

Im sorry he had plastic in his food

but why would you leave a 1.5 year old with respitory issues unfettered access to a huge hunk of mcmuffin?

dont you break up his food? 

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I think its more likely the child was choking on the half chewed food, than the plastic, as nasty as it is.

was it hard plastic?

Due9
by your-bff on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM
3 moms liked this

It will be hard to prove that this came from the Mcmuffin and not from somewhere around your home. Also, I would never leave the room with my young child eating..especially a Mcmuffin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)