Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It Must Be That Time Of Year...HOW DO I MAKE THEM GO & STAY AWAY???

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

The guys in suits (Mormons) come to our door EVERY week. We currently live in a house apartment (a duplex with 2 apartments each side) and they were knocking on the main outside door. Well, the past 2 weeks they come IN and knock on our personal door. I wouldn't answer when they were knocking on the main door because I could peek out the window and see who it was...since no one ever knocks on my door who I don't know, I have answered...Last week they woke up my sleeping baby because they knocked and my dog freaked out (REALLY made me mad). I always tell them my Husband isn't home which is true, every time they come he is at work. This week my Husband was home and he told them I wasn't here. They keep saying they want to come in and show us a video about their Church. Sorry, but 1 NO MAN/MEN are coming into my home when I am here alone...NOT happening lol and 2...We already believe in God and no, we do not go to Church regularly but that doesn't mean we don't believe. It is just really irritating and I don't know how to get them to go away either. My SIL said get a 'no soliciting' sign and if they knock or come in and knock you can call the cops for trespassing lol. I don't know how to get them to leave us alone either. Starting to get creepy and stalkerish...I could understand ok, come by once or something...but EVERY single week I swear it's been the past at least 4-6 weeks too!!! They are extremely nice and it is hard for me to be rude to people...but SOMETHING has to happen. I need this sign...or SOMETHING...HELP!!!!! What do YOU do?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Omg I need that sign!!!!!

I tell them this: "I appreciate your visit, but we are not interested in converting from our faith. I ask that you leave and not come back."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Love the sign, have no advice on the Mormons.  We just sit outside and talk to them when they come by, if we're home.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM

We just have said we are not interested and they stop.  They have also helped us in a time of need even though we were not with the church.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You can be like brother in law and answer naked LOL.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM
They are not supposed to ask to come in if you are a woman and alone...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Idk about where you live but here the Mormons aren't allowed in the house without a male present. I usually talk to the Mormons for a few minutes and they are always surprised to hear that I have actually gone to a Mormon church and it just wasn't for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Answer the door butt naked!!!

Bet they won't come back. :-P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1smartcookie
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Answer the door in "immodest" clothing holding a beer in one hand and a coffee in the other.

GremlinMom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok, im Mormon. Tell them! Simply say "we are not interested, please stop coming by. It's causing problems. If we are ever interested we will find you." Then close the door. If you keep telling them "not right now" they will be determined to find the right time! These are 18, 19 yr old boys, lol they can be a bit clueless and overzealous. Seriously, just tell them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM

You need to be direct. Tell them that you are not interested.

I have a sign on my door that specifically says no soliciting religion or products but they would always claim they "didn't see it". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN