Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DH needs to get his big boy panties on

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
Dh isn't a squeamish man. He did great when I gave birth to our first two children vaginally. He watched the whole thing, didn't get queasy or turn green, he did awesome.

Last night we were talking about the possibility of a csection this time. He told me he isn't sure he will want to be in the room when/if I have a csection. I told him he wouldn't be able to see anything. He said what bothers him is knowing someone is hurting me. I told him I wouldn't be able to feel anything. He said its just knowing there is someone inches away from him cutting into me that bothers him. He said he just isn't sure he would be able to handle it.

While it was kinda sweet, it sucks knowing he feels that way. I am going to want/need him by my side. How do I help him deal with it? Anybody else go through this with their dh/SO?? Him being nervous makes me nervous. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cLanief
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to get over it. You want him there and need him. A friend of mine watched my second one and got a wee bit squeamish but she said it was pretty cool to watch the baby get pulled out... she never saw her csection lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilysmom8
by Dawn on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Have him come to the Dr with you, bring it up at the appointment and ask the dr to talk to him, Im sure the DR has seen this before.. Also, tell your DH that you NEED him by your side

MeghanPerez
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM
He's coming to my appointment tomorrow. He has only been able to come to one other appointment with me due to work. Now that we have less than 5 weeks to go, he said he's going to try to come to more appointments. I plan on bringing it up tomorrow. Hopefully my dr can ease his fears.

Quoting emilysmom8:

Have him come to the Dr with you, bring it up at the appointment and ask the dr to talk to him, Im sure the DR has seen this before.. Also, tell your DH that you NEED him by your side

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM
DH was in the OR both times for me but even with me begging him to look over the curtain, he wouldn't do it. Lol Big baby!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)