Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Social Security Number Question

Posted by   + Show Post

Unfortunately I have misplaced both of my daughter's SS cards (seperate times). I am in the process of ordering them new cards but I am wondering if the SS office will release their SSN's to me over the phone after proper verification?

Thank you for your help!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
christina0607
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

No they will not. 

momofqtees
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM

no but if u go 2 the office they will

funbags
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Yes. We lost everything :(

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Did u have a fire or something??

Homeschoolmom99
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:09 PM

My dd just had a baby and could not find her card she had to go in they said she still had to wait for hers to come in the mail

Quoting funbags:

I have exhausted all other options. Are you sure or just an educated guess?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

No they won't are your kids in school? The dr may have it or last years taxes

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Positive. They can if u goto the office with id and birth cert

Quoting funbags:

Only one has been claimed previously on taxes so that is a possibility. Are you positive or is that your educated guess?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Nope. Probably a long shot since u already lost two cards. But what about last years tax returns?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fstysxofthebtt
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM

No they won't. They will require a signed and stamped copy of vaccinations from the doctors office. You will have to go in and provide them with your id, proof of address, birth certificates, forms filled out from their office, and the copy of vaccinations.

This is a FOR SURE, 100% positive answer. I just had to do it with my DS and DD.

mamaclairbear
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Over the phone no but if you go in with an ID they will give you a "temp card"

Kchellejones330
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I highly doubt it. Anyone can call & act like you. Too much fraud goes on in this day and age to expell information like that & take the chance of it being a scam.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Depends on the state. I had to get my DS's replaced and all I had to bring in was a copy of his birth certificate and my marriage license (to show my maiden name changed to my married name since the mothers maiden name is on the childs birth cert). Your state is crazy to want all of that! But I doubt, OP, that they will give it to you over the phone. 

Quoting fstysxofthebtt:

No they won't. They will require a signed and stamped copy of vaccinations from the doctors office. You will have to go in and provide them with your id, proof of address, birth certificates, forms filled out from their office, and the copy of vaccinations.

This is a FOR SURE, 100% positive answer. I just had to do it with my DS and DD.

RandiBear
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM

This. Call ahead and ask what information you would need so you are prepared. Mine was lost when I was a child and my mom only needed my BC, her ID, and a copy of her divorce papers (she divorced my dad when I was a baby)

Quoting needadvice1983:

Depends on the state. I had to get my DS's replaced and all I had to bring in was a copy of his birth certificate and my marriage license (to show my maiden name changed to my married name since the mothers maiden name is on the childs birth cert). Your state is crazy to want all of that! But I doubt, OP, that they will give it to you over the phone. 

Quoting fstysxofthebtt:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN