Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

CALLING ALL IN THE RN, LVN and CNA'S

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

I work in a locked unit and I'm need advice on was to prevent burnout and stress!?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Are you feelinng stressed right now?   I would keep a stress ball in my pocket and perhaps a word puzzle book when/if there is down time on the unit.

bi-polarmommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:20 AM

try to leave it all behind when you go home, focus on your family, and have someone you can talk to about anything. yes, you are not supposed to talk about "private" information, but you should have someone you trust that you can talk to them about stuff, with out using names

SusanD
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Well I make the most of my off time. I don't think about work when I'm not there. I make the most of any downtime while I am at work. I also do things to de-stress whenever I am able to. Whether its getting a massage or doing a bit of yoga.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charile2002
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

try to leave it all behind when you go home, focus on your family, and have someone you can talk to about anything. yes, you are not supposed to talk about "private" information, but you should have someone you trust that you can talk to them about stuff, with out using names

DH normal is that person but he also works at the same place but in the kitchen so that really dose not work as for friends it's hard cause I don't really have any that would understand :( .

mattiehatter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:28 AM

Request to get out every once in a while.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:28 AM

normal people can;t answer? meditate, work out,read

charile2002
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Yes and those things are not working anymore

Quoting notjstasocermom:

normal people can;t answer? meditate, work out,read

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fstysxofthebtt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I work at a locked psych hospital. Just try your best to leave it behind when you go home. Don't take things personal. Don't pick up extra shifts. Umm that's how I keep from getting burned out. I love my job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)