Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

With all this talk of a blizzard in new england...

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone here remember the blizzard of '78?

I was little but I rememebr it because I ahd to be taken by a police car to the hospital. My mother had made us tuna sandwiches but didn't take the top of the can off all the way. I completely sliced my pinkie off. no one could drive so she had to put me in a police car and have them take me. ....and my pinkie, lol.

Looking back at pictures...it wasn't even that much snow, lol.

good thing these days we have real plows...and really don't need to worry about that.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
RunningMommaof2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I wasn't alive then, but just a few winters ago we had 2 snow storms back to back that left us with over 2 feet of snow and a lot of clean up. It's not just the snow that is the problem. It's the weight of that much sitting on weak roofs, trees down, power outages,people falling off roofs trying to clean it up... LoL. Anyway, I'm excited for the storm. I'm just hoping we don't lose power, oh and that my kids don't cut a finger off and need to go to the hospital or anything. Wink wink.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Yes, I was 4 years old. I remember playing with dog in the snow. We were in central Indiana. I can't recall anything else about it. I was too young to realize how serious it was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I vaguely remember it. I know my mom has pictures. We're just getting 1" - 3" which isn't much but I'm hoping the Father/Daughter dance isn't cancelled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Does anyone remember the blizzard on Halloween in 91'?? That was awesome!!

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Paperfishies
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:27 AM

How much of your pinkie got sliced off and coud they reattach it?

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Dude, I wasn't even thought of in '78, lol! So, no, I don't remember the blizzard :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM
lol

Quoting Cafe Robin:

I do!  I remember that my neighbors came over to play in the snow and we almost lost the littlest one since the snow was so high and she was so short! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
she_walk_softly
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I remember a ice storm on top of snow and I was little enough where I could walk on top of the snow without breaking through :) I was out there all day.

Jynnifer292
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I was six during the blizzard of 78. I can remember walking to the store with a sled to bring groceries back on. My dad built a huge igloo with something like this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)