Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

With all this talk of a blizzard in new england...

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone here remember the blizzard of '78?

I was little but I rememebr it because I ahd to be taken by a police car to the hospital. My mother had made us tuna sandwiches but didn't take the top of the can off all the way. I completely sliced my pinkie off. no one could drive so she had to put me in a police car and have them take me. ....and my pinkie, lol.

Looking back at pictures...it wasn't even that much snow, lol.

good thing these days we have real plows...and really don't need to worry about that.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
Jers.
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I remember my 3  yr. old brother stepping off the porch while my dad was shoveling and all we could see was the red pom from the top of his hat.  My dad  reached down and pulled him out - my brother was too shocked to react, but the look on his face said it all lol

xomrs.chase
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM
I wasn't born until '88 but I'm in NH and I'm used to snow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:45 AM

I'm sure my parents remember that storm!

littlelamb303
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:54 AM

I do remember, I was in 8th grade.  I live in NY, we were out of school for over a week.  The thing is, we never lost power or anything during snow storms back then.  Already our power company is "threatening" we may, which really is inexcusable IMO.   Living here for nearly 49 years has taught me they are STILL not prepared.  We pay such high taxes, even the roads are never done properly.  IMO not much has changed over the years. At least here on long island

ladyluke2007
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I remember the blizzard of 78.  I was about 11 years old.  We had schools without schools.  Which meant that the local TV station had a class on TV for us and each day a schedule of the day would come up for our grade level and since my Daddy was a construction worker, he was the one that had to help me with my home work.  He did well.  My grandmother taught school too at one time so all her children knew what they needed to know.  I also remember going to another students house to meet with the teacher once a week.  I think this happened for two weeks in my area.  I remember it being colder than blue blazes and when it finally got a little warmer my Daddy caught me outside building a snowman and when I bent over he popped me in the bums with a snowball.  lol  It was on.

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM

i wasnt yet born then... although around here we had the the blizzard of 77' 

CountryGirl0809
by SWEET-PEA on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM
The thing with that storm is not bad planning but that they didn't know it was going to happen. The models didn't really predict it. And the winds were so bad. Up to 80-90 mph
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM

My one brother was born on that day:)

TLQSlovesME
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
My Father-In-Law & his Brother told me how much snow there was in Mass that year, lol.
ejsmom4604
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Originally being from Chicago, I remember the Blizzard of '79. That was crazy! I just remember tons of snow, and playing in it, and having a blast. I was 4. The next one I experienced was in '99. But nothing has beat 2010 AND 2011. Between those two winters in the Philly area we had at least 4 blizzards. Craziness lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)