Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My friend is a cake decorator and saw this on Craigslist. I am not sure what planet this woman lives on.

Posted by   + Show Post

"BAKE AND DECORATE MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY CAKE!
My daughter is turning 7yrs old and I need an amazing cake baker/decorator to come to my apt Friday feb8 and bake her birthday cake. My daughter has SEVERE nut allergies and I need the baking done in my kitchen to ensure that there is no possible nut contamination.. i will buy the ingredients and pay you to bake and decorate it. Total time should be about 2hours. You must be an expert. Otherwise I would do it myself. Either went to cooking school/pastry chef. Please tell me how much for this service. Be reasonable or I will not hire you.Cake should be for 30-35 people. You must be very clean with your hair up and handwashing essential."

My friend was looking on craigslist for cake pans and stuff and came across this. She found out that the woman wants all of this for $30!! She wants someone to travel to her home, be a professional pastry chef, make a cake for 35 people, in less than two hours, for $30. What planet does she live on?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Replies (101-102):
KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Oh wow....   Clearly she's severly sheltered from the real world..

VanessaCB
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

She sounds like a controlling bitch who wants a slave.  Very cold way to communicate with people "Be reasonable or I will not hire you"???? REALLY. UGH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN