Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My friend is a cake decorator and saw this on Craigslist. I am not sure what planet this woman lives on.

Posted by   + Show Post

"BAKE AND DECORATE MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY CAKE!
My daughter is turning 7yrs old and I need an amazing cake baker/decorator to come to my apt Friday feb8 and bake her birthday cake. My daughter has SEVERE nut allergies and I need the baking done in my kitchen to ensure that there is no possible nut contamination.. i will buy the ingredients and pay you to bake and decorate it. Total time should be about 2hours. You must be an expert. Otherwise I would do it myself. Either went to cooking school/pastry chef. Please tell me how much for this service. Be reasonable or I will not hire you.Cake should be for 30-35 people. You must be very clean with your hair up and handwashing essential."

My friend was looking on craigslist for cake pans and stuff and came across this. She found out that the woman wants all of this for $30!! She wants someone to travel to her home, be a professional pastry chef, make a cake for 35 people, in less than two hours, for $30. What planet does she live on?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
StarryRain
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM

That woman is an idiot, for sure.  There is no way anyone would do all that for such a low amount.  *smh*

JacksMom1221
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this
I love the tone of her ad too, like the chef should be lucky to get hired for that $30. Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dandylynes
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Mmmm, cake.  Now I want to bake one.

do11face
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

There are some crazy people on craigslist.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Wow...Good luck with that one lol.

Mommyfish831
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Lol that's kind of funny.  I understand being worried and taking precautions but to be that demanding and only offer $30 not going to happen.   Again I say I dont know how I can still be surprised by peoples stupidity/idiocity.

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Wow she has lost her mind! She could also come off more pleasant! I would want to help her as I am sure with a nut allergy that bad she is likely stressed but even n print you can tell you would be a pain!

Oh and 30 lol that is insane,. How do you know she only wants to pay 30?

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM
She has no concept of how long it takes to bake and cool a cake, let alone decorate one. I make all the kids cakes. I'm not an expert but I do it all from scratch and it takes me an entire evening to make and finish decorating. Last cake I made was a gluten free dark chocolate with fudge filling and pink, purple and green cream cheese frosting with a pink and green fondant dragon on top. It was so cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

it has to be a person who has no real idea what it all costs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)