Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My friend is a cake decorator and saw this on Craigslist. I am not sure what planet this woman lives on.

Posted by   + Show Post

"BAKE AND DECORATE MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY CAKE!
My daughter is turning 7yrs old and I need an amazing cake baker/decorator to come to my apt Friday feb8 and bake her birthday cake. My daughter has SEVERE nut allergies and I need the baking done in my kitchen to ensure that there is no possible nut contamination.. i will buy the ingredients and pay you to bake and decorate it. Total time should be about 2hours. You must be an expert. Otherwise I would do it myself. Either went to cooking school/pastry chef. Please tell me how much for this service. Be reasonable or I will not hire you.Cake should be for 30-35 people. You must be very clean with your hair up and handwashing essential."

My friend was looking on craigslist for cake pans and stuff and came across this. She found out that the woman wants all of this for $30!! She wants someone to travel to her home, be a professional pastry chef, make a cake for 35 people, in less than two hours, for $30. What planet does she live on?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
JZB
by Jessie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Clueless
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TeamTARDIS
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Unreal expectations. I just ordered a cupcake cake made up of 12 cup cakes for $30 and I am picking it up!
greenie63
by Nancy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM

She's asking for the impossible. 

Mashnut3161
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I would not go to that crazy womans house. Sounds like a serial killer trap.

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM

LOL  I have a severe nut allergy too.

That's why I bake my own cakes OR go to a nut free bakery.

Crazy lady.

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

Arwyn724
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Guess who won't have a birthday cake this year......

keeler_s
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigh24
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM
She is insane! You get a cake at Walmart for $30 maybe but not for that many people!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
apoynter
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Obviously someone who has never opened a cookbook.

Just like someone who asks about having a twin size quilt custom-made for about $50.

piesmama09
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

LOLOL lets see how many five start pastry chef's fist fight each other to bid on THIS job!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)